- “Choose the Light” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gerrit W. Gong talks about how he feels in the temple.
- “Things Will Get Better” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Elliott feels bad after his first day at a new school.
- “A Hug for Jennifer” (July 2011 Friend)
A young girl finds comfort in prayer after her siblings hurt her feelings.
- “A Happy Helper” (November 2010 Friend)
Roxanne learns to control her anger and find happiness instead.
- “Cora’s Bad Day” (January 2009 Friend)
Cora learns that she must decide whether she is having a bad day or a good day.
- “Comforting Lucy” (September 2009 Friend)
A girl feels sad when her grandma passes away.
- “Maddie’s Grumpy Afternoon” (September 2009 Friend)
Maddie apologizes for complaining and being grumpy while the family runs errands.
- “I Have Feelings” (February 1995 Friend)
A young girl describes the different ways she shows her feelings.
- “Facing Feelings” (June 1996 Friend)
Instructions to make a box to help children show their feelings.
- “Feeling Glad” (March 1990 Friend)
A short poem about being happy.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “The Third Parable: The Lost Son”
Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Music: “Smiles” (Children's Songbook, 267)
- Music: “When We’re Helping” (Children's Songbook, 198)
- Music: “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam” (Children's Songbook, 60)
- Music: “If You’re Happy” (Children's Songbook, 266)
- Sheet Music: “Peace Is a Feeling”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Prodigal Son”