- “The Light of a New Day” (January 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley compares the light of a new day to love. Includes several questions to help children think about the story.
- “Making a Great Day" (January 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Children can put pictures in order to see what Manuel did to have a great day.
- Coloring page: “I can pray to Heavenly Father and He will hear and answer my prayers” (September 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 40: Samuel the Lamanite Tells about Jesus Christ” Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Music: “The World Is So Lovely” (Children’s Songbook, 233)
- Music: “Because God Loves Me” (Children’s Songbook, 234)
- Music: “The World Is So Big” (Children’s Songbook, 235)
- Music: “Fun to Do” (Children’s Songbook, 253)
- Music: “I Am Like a Star” (Children’s Songbook, 163)
- Music: “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam” (Children’s Songbook, 60)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Samuel the Lamanite on the Wall”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Lord Created All Things”