- “His Burden Was Made Light” (March 2006 Liahona and Friend)
In Germany during World War I, a boy prays for help to get food home to his family.
- “Praying with Patience” (October 2011 Friend)
After her family moves to Venezuela, Jessie learns that Heavenly Father answers prayers in His own time.
- “Maria’s Medal” (February 2009 Friend)
A girl passes through many trials while preparing for a gymnastics exhibition.
- “All Kinds of Cake” (June 2007 Friend)
Lucius learns from his mother’s example when she chooses to have a good attitude despite a racist incident.
- “Summer Serenade” (July 2003 Friend)
Charlie has a hard time seeing Heavenly Father’s blessings when his father is badly injured.
- “Peanut Race” (May 1996 Friend)
Rose could have won the race—if she hadn’t given up because others were making fun of her.
- “The Choice to Be Grateful” (December 2011 Liahona)
The hidden picture activity at the end of President Henry B. Eyring's message invites children to look for their blessings.
- “Make a Doorknob Tag” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
List your blessings on this colorful doorknob hanger.
- “Thanksgiving Word Search” (November 2010 Friend)
A gratitude crossword puzzle.
- “Thankfulness” (November 2008 Friend)
A code puzzle about gratitude.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 16: King Limhi and His People Escape” Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 17: Alma and His People Escape” Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Music: “The Fourth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 124)
- Music: “Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 96)