- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: The Lighthouse” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches that the Lord will guide us as we desire to serve Heavenly Father.
- Scripture poster: “Nephi” (August 2011 Friend)
- “Evacuate!” (June 1998 Friend)
Mark learns what he really treasures when a fire sweeps into his neighborhood.
- “Maddie’s Grumpy Afternoon” (September 2009 Friend)
A little girl remembers that even though Nephi had to do difficult things, he was happy because he chose to follow the Lord.
- “Nephi Obtains the Plates” (March 1996 Liahona)
These scripture illustrations could also be used as a coloring page.
- “Buried Treasure” (February 2008 Friend)
An illustrated story about how the Book of Mormon is as valuable as treasure. Children can cut out these colorful scripture figures to create stick puppets of Nephi obtaining the brass plates.
- “Funstuf: Brass Plates Code” (September 1996 Friend)
Children can use this decoder to learn the purpose and content of the brass plates.
- “The Book of Mormon” (September 2002 Friend)
The Book of Mormon contains information from five sets of plates. Children can make their own replica of the plates.
- “Funstuf: Nephi and the Brass Plates” (March 2004 Friend)
Use the Book of Mormon to fill in this crossword puzzle.
- “Funstuf: Nephi Gets the Brass Plates” (February 1996 Friend)
Sort the pictures into the correct order to tell the story of Nephi getting the brass plates from Laban.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 4: The Brass Plates”: Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Gospel Art Picture: “Lehi’s Family Leaving Jerusalem”