Skip main navigation
- “A Father’s Charity” (September 1998 Liahona and February 1997 Friend)
A girl’s father shows charity by helping another girl feel included at a birthday party.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson learned how to be charitable and serve others from his grandfather Thomas Condie.
- “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Marcus prays to know whom he can serve.
- “The Road to Jericho” (June 1993 Liahona and September 1991 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about his father being kind to a sick uncle.
- “The Talent Show” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns she has a talent of making others feel loved.
- “A Birthday Wish Fulfilled” (August 2011 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares how children around the world showed charity after he asked members to find someone who was having a hard time and do something for them. Includes instructions for making a “warm fuzzy.”
- “Buddy’s Heart” (August 2012 Friend)
A young boy helps his friend feel better about himself after a car accident left him with scars on his face.
- “The Coat” (March 2012 Friend)
When he was young, President Heber J. Grant gave his new coat to a little boy who was cold.
- “Darren’s Friend” (February 2012 Friend)
Bryan learns from his brother Darren’s example when Darren shares all he can with a less-fortunate friend.
- “Friend to Friend: Choosing Kindness” (January 2007 Friend)
Elder Paul V. Johnson remembers his grandmother’s example of kindness, faith, and charity.
- “Give of Yourself” (April 1993 Friend)
Sara learns that you don’t have to be rich to be able to help others.
- “How Can I Help?” (August 2000 Friend)
Elder Robert J. Whetten shares a story of a girl who gave her shoes to help children in need.
- “Little Brother, Big Example” (May 2012 Friend)
A boy extends his effort to help those who have been in a flood.
- “Little Lamb” (April 1994 Friend)
Carrie learns how to love all creatures when she takes care of a lamb that was born with deformed legs.
- “Petey Didn’t Want to Be a Sunbeam!” (January 2004 Friend)
A boy fellowships a young sunbeam who is afraid in Primary.
- “Rosie Has All the Luck!” (March 1995 Friend)
A girl learns that part of charity is not envying others.
- “Small and Simple Things” (November 2009 Friend)
Two children learn of people impacted by a tsunami and give their money to help them. Their act of generosity prompts others to donate as well.