Skip main navigation
- “A Century of Genealogy” (November 1994 Liahona and March 1994 Friend)
An explanation of how the genealogical society began and what it accomplished in the first 100 years of its existence.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: Your Fascinating History” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust teaches that finding your ancestors can be one of the most interesting puzzles you work on.
- “My Family History Miracle” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy goes to the Family History Library with his father and has a wonderful experience.
- “Reflections” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns about her great-grandmother, who a hard life but put her trust in God.
- “Detective in the Family” (July 1991 Friend)
Emily learns how to enjoy a family reunion when she asks family members to tell stories.
- “Cemetery Impressions” (November 1982 Friend)
A visit to a cemetery can open doors to learn about family history.
- “Family History 1-2-3” (September 2010 Friend)
Here are three easy steps for doing family history.
- “Family History Library” (September 2010 Friend)
Kelsie visits the Family History Library on Temple Square.
- “Family Treasure” (September 2012 Friend)
Nika learns about her ancestors while helping sort things after her great-grandmother dies.
- “Finding Grandpa Oskar” (August 2002 Friend)
Nathan visits a family history center and finds information on an ancestor.
- “Grandpa’s Goodhue’s Hand-Me-Down Smile” (January 1987 Friend)
A young girl helps a photographer who is trapped in a creek with his wagon, then she teaches him about the importance of genealogy.
- “Family History ABCs” (July 2004 Friend)
Using the clues, fill in the blanks with words about family history.
- “Family History Scripture” (January 1993 Friend)
A word search with words from a family history scripture.
- “Family History Fun” (February 2011 Friend)
Help the boy at the bottom of this family tree identify his ancestors.
- “Grandma’s Trunk” (May 2006 Friend)
A game that involves reading word strips and guessing which item from an ancestor’s trunk the words describe.
- “My Family Tree” (October 2009 Friend)
A poem about family history. Includes tree to fill in your own family.
- “Puzzles and Games: Crossword Puzzle” (March 1972 Friend)
Complete a crossword puzzle with words associated with family history.
- “Seek and Find” (March 1982 Friend)
A word search with words associated with with genealogy.