- “An Activity Day Invitation” (February 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A girl invites her less-active and non-member friends to activity days.
- “Do You Want to Go to Primary With Me?” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
A girl asks her friend to go to Primary with her and her friend’s family is eventually baptized.
- “Friendship Bracelets” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Angie’s feelings are hurt when her friend leaves her out and makes fun of her, but she prays to forgive her friend and find a solution.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson learns from his family members to be a good friend.
- “Missionary Friends” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gary J. Coleman of the Seventy shares how friendly Church members helped him feel comfortable when he was learning about the gospel.
“My Friend Linda” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Kate defends a friend with special needs.
- “New Friends, Old Friends” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a girl making new friends after a ward boundary change. Also includes a finding activity.
- “Standing Up For Caleb” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A boy stands up for a new boy in school and makes a new friend in the process.
- “Things Will Get Better” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a child choosing to have a good attitude after moving to a new area and not having friends to begin with.
- “We’ll Carry You!” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about young women who carried a friend on a hike when they learned she couldn’t walk.
- “We’re All Shoes” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy makes friends with children from other countries through playing soccer.
- “Who Are the Savior’s Lambs?” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A coloring page that invites children to think about how they can share the gospel and strengthen new members of the Church.
- “A Friendly Answer” (January 2009 Friend)
A boy prays for friends and receives an answer to his prayer.
- “A Shiny-Penny Friend” (September 2012 Friend)
Daniel learns to choose friends who make him feel good about himself.
- “An Unexpected Test” (April 2013 Friend)
Morgan chooses to be friends with Caden instead of going on a date with him to the school dance.
- “Bald Heads and Buddies” (April 2012 Friend)
Joel shaves his head to support a friend with cancer.
- “But I’m Too Shy” (August 2012 Friend)
Mindy feels too shy to make friends until she learns a great tip. Includes ideas for overcoming shyness.
- “Cool Cars” (August 2012 Friend)
Ben learns that he can feel happy when he shares.
- “Maria’s Medal” (February 2009 Friend)
A girl gives her state championship medal to her friend who could not compete because of an injury.
- “Oh No, Activity Day!” (August 2008 Friend)
A girl learns that friends are made one person at a time.
- “Question Corner: Sometimes no one sits by me at church, and I feel lonely and like I don’t fit in. What can I do?” (March 2013 Friend)
- “Same-Size Service” (November 2008 Friend)
Shilo shares her ice skates with a friend when there aren’t enough pairs for everyone.
- “Something For Sara” (February 2008 Friend)
A girl’s friend loses her mother and her friend comforts her by sharing the gospel.
- “The Princess and the Monster” (May 2013 Friend)
Erin learns the difference between just including someone and being a good friend when she invites Alexa to play princesses and monsters.
- “True Friends Stay True” (November 2012 Friend)
Kim learns how to be a true friend by not laughing when some boys tease her friend.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (September 2009 Friend )
Features a boy from Utah who stood up for a friend who was being teased.
- “Ways to Be a Good Friend” (August 2012 Friend)
A list of ways to be a better friend.
- “CTR Game: Friendship” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A board game about being a good friend.
- “How Can I Be a Better Friend?” (March 2010 Liahona and Friend)
True/false statements that can help children understand what it means to be a friend.
- Coloring Page: “Being kind is doing and saying nice things to others.” (July 2012 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ is the perfect example for me.” (April 2011 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ is the perfect example to me.” (April 2012 Friend)
- For the Strength of Youth: Friends
- Gospel Art Picture: “Joseph and Children”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Christ”
- Music: “Friends Are Fun” (Children’s Songbook, 262)
- Music: “ ‘Give,’ Said the Little Stream” (Children’s Songbook, 236)
- Music: “Jesus Is Our Loving Friend” (Children’s Songbook, 58)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Music: “We Are Different” (Children’s Songbook, 263)
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dayton’s Legs”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 43: Jesus Brings Lazarus Back to Life”
- Verse: “My Friends” (September 2009 Friend)
We should include everyone.
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “A True Friend: Tanya and Lada”