Skip main navigation
- “Friend to Friend: A Mother’s Influence” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Carlos H. Amado tells of his mother’s influence in his life and how happy he is to honor his parents.
- “Friend to Friend: Jumping Fences” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Daryl Garn teaches why we should obey our parents by sharing a story about a horse he owned that liked to jump fences.
- “May Queen” (May 1991 Liahona and April 1989 Friend)
Elizabeth honors her grandmother by giving her a wonderful surprise.
- “Talk Time” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Josie learns that she can talk to her parents about things. Also includes ideas for how to have talk time in your home.
- “The Teachings of Parents” (June 1980 Liahona and July 1975 Friend)
President Ezra Taft Benson recounts the teachings which George Washington received from his parents and the impact those teachings had on him.
- “Caught!” (June 2009 Friend)
Jake learns the importance of obeying his mother after he decides to go fishing instead of cleaning his room like his mother asked him to and ends up getting injured.
- “Father’s Day” (June 1996 Friend)
Lisa shows her love for her father by helping her mother do things around the house while he is gone.
- “Honor Your Father and Mother—Lee Yen Chung Tien of Tubuai, French Polynesia” (October 2005 Friend)
Eleven-year-old Lee Yen Chung Tien has learned a lot from her parents.
- “Honoring His Name” (May 2008 Friend)
Elder Shayne M. Bowen, of the Seventy, tells how he honored his parents as a young man.
- “Jordan’s Job List” (September 2006 Friend)
A boy feels too excited about his brother coming home from a mission to do his chores, but he honors his mother and does them anyway.
- “Listen to Learn” (July 1992 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson tells a story about a young woman who died in an accident after not listening to her father’s counsel.
- “Lost on the Trail” (May 2012 Friend)
Karl learns that it is important to obey his mother and be safe.
- “Many Hands Make Light Work” (May 2012 Friend)
Two girls help their mother with household chores after she injures her hand.