- “A Good Friend” (May 1997 Friend)
Seven-year-old Hunter shares his story about how he was a friend to a boy in his class who was different.
- “All-Star Brother” (September 2012 Friend)
Gabriel must choose between being kind to his brother and getting sleep for an upcoming baseball game.
- “Friend to Friend: The Savior’s Love” (March 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Cheryl C. Lant encourages children to show love by being kind.
- “Love One Another” (June 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells of a tree destroyed by a metal wedge that had become hidden inside it. Hidden wedges of anger or resentment can destroy our lives unless we learn to forgive.
- “Megan’s Lambs” (March 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl and her elderly neighbor find a way to help each other.
- “Mission Impossible?” (March 2002 Friend)
Brandon learns to be kind and love the boys in his Primary class.
- “My Brother Gary” (June 2006 Friend)
Elder Marlin K. Jensen of the Seventy shares a story about his brother Gary, who is disabled, and encourages us to be kind to those who are different.
- “Teaching Our Children to Accept Differences” (June 2004 Liahona and Ensign)
Gayle M. Clegg, former Second Counselor in the Primary General Presidency, shares several stories about children who were kind to children who were different.
- “The Big Jar” (March 2008 Friend)
A girl learns to love her sister instead of focusing on her faults.
- “The Love Drawer” (February 2008 Friend)
A girl learns how her mother appreciates the love people have shown to her.
- “The New Boy” (October 2004 Friend)
Chase befriends a new boy in his class.
- “The Red Marble” (January 2008 Friend)
A young boy is kind to another boy who is teased by other children.
- “The Talent Show” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns that she has a talent for loving others.
- “Vitamin L” (March 2010 Friend)
Anne learns she can show love to her younger sister.
- “What Jesus Sees” (June 2006 Friend)
Amanda learns that when we see others as Jesus see them we are kind and loving.
- “Worldwide Helpers” (June 2012 Friend)
A young boy explores the many ways the Church helps people in need.
- Coloring Page: “Because I am His child, I will serve God with all my heart, might, mind, and strength” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My family and I can serve others.” (November 2008 Friend)
- Family Home Evening Idea: Love at Home
“Love at Home” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend) includes three family home evening ideas to develop love at home, including doing a puzzle, signing special songs, and discussing a quote.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Happy Hearts Club
Cut out special cards and check off the boxes around the border as you serve each other. See “Happy Hearts Club” (February 2003 Friend) for card templates and instructions.
- “For Little Friends: Jesus Christ Loves Everyone” (April 2007 Friend)
Make a booklet that shows Jesus Christ giving love to others as you think about people to show love to.
- “Heart Wreath” (February 2012 Friend)
Make a wreath from paper plates and paper. Write things you like about different family members on the hearts.
- “‘I Love You This Much’ Card” (February 2005 Friend)
- “Sharing Time: Family Love” (April 1983 Friend)
Includes a craft about encouraging expressions of love to family members.
- “Sharing Time: Love at Home” (June 1996 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a craft about remembering to love others.
- “Showing the Love in Your Heart” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches about love with a poem from his childhood. Then children can color scenes of children showing love.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Christ Blessing Nephite Children”
- Music: “I’ll Walk With You” (Children’s Songbook, 140)
- Music: “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, 78)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Music: “Love One Another” (Children’s Songbook, 136)
- Music: “We Are Different” (Children’s Songbook, 263)
- Poem: “Family Hug” (May 2008 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Love One Another (Simplified)” (August 2012 Friend)
- Verse: “A Plan for Me” (January 2009 Friend)
A poem about obeying, being kind, and choosing the right.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Love One Another”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dayton’s Legs”
A 13-year-old boy shows love by pushing himself to the limit so his friend can participate with him in a triathlon.