- “A 10-Year-Old Teacher” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares a testimony of the plan of salvation with his aunt’s roommate.
- “A Sacred Light” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust tells a story about how a woman was converted because of the kindness of her nurse, who was a member of the Church.
- “Grandma’s Little Missionary” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Vitor reads to his grandmother from the Book of Mormon and Liahona while she is ill, and she decides to be baptized.
- “I Can Be a Missionary Too” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Brett’s older brother, who is serving a mission, teaches him that you are doing missionary work when you serve others.
- “Inviting Jacob” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Eric invites his friend Jacob to come to church with him. Includes a simple maze activity.
- “Missionary Friend” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Alex learns that being a friend and being a missionary can be the same when he invites his friend to Church.
- “Missionary Friends” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gary J. Coleman of the Seventy shares how friendly Church members helped him feel comfortable when he was learning about the gospel.
- “My Mission Fund” (December 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A 9-year-old boy tells about saving for a mission.
- “Preparing for a Mission” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Ulisses Soares of the Seventy tells how his bishop talked with him when he was 11 years old and told him how to start preparing for a mission.
- “Reach Out to Others” (August 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells how his daughter, Ann, shared a Book of Mormon with her kindergarten teacher.
- “Scriptures in a Suitcase” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
A girl has a missionary opportunity when she reads the Book of Mormon at a school camp.
- “Teaching Tanner’s Teacher” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares a picture of Christ with his teacher, and she eventually is baptized.
- “Thankful for Missionary Work” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) shares some of his missionary experiences from the British Isles.
- “The Gift of the Gospel” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring encourages us to share the gospel.
- “The Gospel is for Everyone” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf testifies that the gospel is for people of every nation.
- “The Most Precious Gift” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl weaves a serape for a missionary who introduced her family to the gospel.
- “The Open House” (December 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl invites a nonmember friend to a ward open house.
- “The Right Dress” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Anna chooses a new dress so she can look like the sister missionaries.
- “Who Is Jesus?” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares his testimony of Jesus with a friend.
- “Being Like a Missionary” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Learn about Enoch, an ancient missionary, and color a picture of a modern missionary.
- Coloring Page: “Because I know we are all children of God, I will share the gospel with others.” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Family Home Evening Idea: Missionary Work
“Missionary Work” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend) includes five ideas for missionary-themed family home evenings, including dressing up like missionaries, practicing how to answer questions, and sharing the scriptures.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Preparing for a Mission
Complete the “Preparing for a Mission” activity (October 2007 Friend). Draw a circle around the pictures of activities that you are already doing to prepare for a mission. Then choose one activity you would like to start doing. For your next family home evening lesson, plan to do this activity. You might decorate a box to use as a savings bank for your mission, invite someone from your family or ward to teach you a few phrases in another language, or have a parent show you how to iron. Can you think of other skills that would be useful?
- “Help the Missionaries” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Help the missionaries get to appointments with this maze-like activity.
- “Helping Feed the Savior’s Lambs” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring explains how children can help nourish the faith of others. Includes a coloring activity that invites children to think about how they can share the gospel and strengthen new members of the Church.
- “I Can Be a Missionary Now!” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Anna is trying to follow the examples of the missionaries. Follow the instructions in this board game so she can make choices that will help her be a missionary now.
- “I Hope They Call Me On a Mission” (January 2013 Friend)
Ideas for setting goals.
- “Making a New Friend” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Look for hidden objects in this picture of a boy inviting another boy to play with him.
- “Missionary Appointment” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Help the missionaries find the right door for the apartment where they have an appointment.
- “Missionary Work” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Includes family home evening activity ideas on the topic of preparing to serve a mission.
- “Sharing the Book of Mormon around the World” (April 2013 Friend)
Use the clues to match the illustrated people with their native countries.
- “The Gospel Will Be Preached in All the World” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a memory game to match things children can do to be a missionary now with illustrations showing those things.
- “Welcome Home, Elder” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Find the hidden objects in this illustration showing an elder returning home from his mission.
- Book of Mormon Scripture Figures: “Alma and Amulek’s Mission to Ammonihah” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- Book of Mormon Scripture Figures: “The Zoramites and the Rameumptom” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- Image Collection: “Member Missionary”
- Image Collection: “Missionary”
- Music: “Called to Serve” (Children’s Songbook, 174)
- Music: “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” (Children’s Songbook, 169)
- Music: “I Want to be a Missionary Now” (Children’s Songbook, 168)
- Music: “The Church of Jesus Christ” (Children’s Songbook, 77)
- Music: “We’ll Bring the World His Truth” (Children’s Songbook, 172)
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 15: Alma Teaches and Baptizes”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 19: The Sons of Mosiah Become Missionaries”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 22: Alma’s Mission to Ammonihah”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 23: Ammon: A Great Servant”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 25: Aaron Teaches King Lamoni’s Father”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 37: Nephi and Lehi in Prison”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 40: Samuel the Lamanite Tells about Jesus Christ”