Skip main navigation
- “A Calling for a Convert” (April 2012 Liahona and Ensign)
A member shares her story how as a young girl she sacrificed so she could learn to play the piano.
- “An Angel Came to Joseph Smith” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- “Chrissy’s Song” (August 1998 Liahona and January 1998 Friend)
A young girl learns from Emma Smith and Doctrine and Covenants section 25 after she doesn’t want to sing in Primary anymore.
- “Comforting Lucy” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl is comforted after the death of her grandmother by singing Primary songs.
- “Praying and Singing to Heavenly Father” (July 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Michael John U. Teh shares how he learned as a young boy to love Primary songs.
- “Primary Pianists” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Children talk about playing the piano for their ward’s Primary sacrament meeting program presentation.
- “Better than Lullabies” (October 2012 Friend)
Six-year-old Payson shares how listening to Primary songs makes him happy.
- “A Family in Tune” (May 2009 Friend)
Learn about Emeline and William, a brother and sister from Texas who love singing Primary songs.
- “Grace’s Song” (May 2010 Friend)
A young girl is nervous about singing in sacrament meeting but she is happy she can sing about Jesus.
- “In Tune” (September 2012 Friend)
Two sisters discover that listening to worldly music on Sunday morning affects their mood as they get ready for church and causes them to argue.
- “Lightning Strikes” (February 2008 Friend)
Kent shares his talent by playing the piano for a musical number in sacrament meeting.
- “Music for the Heart” (August 2011 Friend)
Elder Yoon Hwan Choi shares an experience of how his young son appreciated sacred music.
- “Playing the Hymns” (May 2009 Friend)
Elder Lowell M. Snow shares how he learned to play the piano as a boy and how that gave him opportunities to serve throughout his life.
- “Service with a Song” (May 2002 Friend)
Three-year-old Dallin helps make some older women happy by visiting them and sharing music with them.
- “The Song of the Heart” (October 2012 Friend)
A boy sings Primary songs in his mind when he can’t get away from bad language on the school bus.
- “Special Witness: Does It Really Matter What Kind of Music I Listen to?” (May 2008 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares how important it is to listen to appropriate music.
- “Tara’s Music” (July 1994 Friend)
A 10-year-old girl who was recently baptized finds a way to share the gospel with her family when she tells her mom how singing Primary songs makes her happy.
- “The Two Secrets” (March 2012 Friend)
Heather learns the two secrets of music performance while learning to play the violin.