- “A Truckload of Saints” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Benjamin De Hoyos of the Seventy shares how his family shared their car with 20 other people to go to church every week. He encourages us to attend our meetings, no matter how we get there.
- “Ben’s Week” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Ben visits his grandfather for a week and tells his grandfather he would rather not go shopping on Sunday.
- “Doing Good on the Sabbath Day” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A list of ideas to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “For Little Friends: Doing Good on the Sabbath Day” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A list of things children can do on the Sabbath day.
- “Marco’s Decision” (March 1992 Liahona and May 1991 Friend)
A boy tells his coach he won’t play in the championship soccer game because it is on a Sunday.
- “Peace in Obedience” (April 1997 Liahona and April 1994 Friend)
Elder Rex D. Pinegar tells a story of his grandson who gave up a trip in order to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “A Day to Play?” (May 2013 Friend)
Elder Larry Y. Wilson of the Seventy talks about keeping the Sabbath day holy.
- “Angelo’s Decision” (February 2008 Friend)
A boy decides not to participate in a karate tournament on Sunday
- “Cannon’s Commitment” (March 2007 Friend)
A boy makes the decision not to play in a championship baseball game when it is held on Sunday.
- “A Day to Decide” (November 2010 Friend)
Meghan decides not to go to an amusement park with her friend on Sunday.
- “Drive-Through Decision” (May 2012 Friend)
Jacob remembers a lesson on keeping the Sabbath day holy when his mom wants to buy fast food on Sunday.
- “Honors” (September 2011 Friend)
Ethan tells his coach he cannot pitch for the honors baseball team because they have games on Sunday.
- “A Letter to Grandma” (October 2005 Friend)
Aaron decides that writing his grandmother is a good activity for the Sabbath.
- “Sammy’s Sabbath Dilemma” (April 2006 Friend)
A boy suggests a more appropriate Sabbath activity when his cousin’s suggestions don’t sound like good things to do on Sunday.
- “Service and the Sabbath” (November 2004 Friend) Elder William W. Parmley of the Seventy decided not to study on Sundays in college, and he graduated with the highest honors.
- “The Choice” (July 1994 Friend)
Two sisters have to decide whether to go to a friend’s birthday party on a Sunday.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (September 2011 Friend) Features four young girls who chose to miss their Sunday ballet recital. Instead, they invited family and friends to the dress rehearsal on Saturday.
- Family Home Evening: Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy
The Sabbath is a day to rest from doing worldly things and instead do heavenly things. Read or tell the story in Matthew 12:10-13. What kinds of things did Jesus Christ do on the Sabbath? Then read “Doing Good on the Sabbath Day” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend). Plan at least two activities that you can do next Sunday.
- “Flannel Board Sunday Box” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Make a box to use to tell flannel board stories and to hold a collection of Sabbath-day activities.
- “Getting Ready for Church” (September 2009 Friend)
Circle hidden pictures to help Alexandra get ready for church.
- “Going to Church” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Find the way to a friend’s house and then the church in this maze.
- “Pencil Spin” (July 2006 Liahona and Friend)
A fun game to play on Sundays.
- “Remembering Jesus Christ during the Sacrament” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Make this craft to know what to think about during the sacrament.
- “Sunday Box: Pencil Spin” (July 2006 Liahona and Friend)
An game that can be played on the Sabbath.
- “Sunday Can” (November 2006 Friend)