- “A Generous Man” (December 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) used his wealth to bless his family, neighbors, and even strangers.
- “Feed My Sheep” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl comforts an elderly woman who is going in for surgery. Includes a finding activity.
- “Grandma Emily’s Chickens” (March 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Rachel learns that when we serve others, we’re often answering people’s prayers and serving Heavenly Father.
- “Helping Feed the Savior’s Lambs” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of the Savior’s role as a shepherd, as well as information about caring for lambs. Includes coloring pictures about how to help the Savior's lambs.
- “Jesus Teaches How to Treat Others” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A re-telling of the parable of the good Samaritan.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Stories of how President Thomas S. Monson’s family performed service and set a good example for him as a boy.
- “Max and Mia Save the Day” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Siblings Max and Mia are service super heroes! A story for young children.
- “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Marcus learns that he doesn’t have to grow up to serve people.
- “Our Page” (February 2012 Liahona)
Features a boy from Brazil who spent a Sunday afternoon reading to his lonely grandmother.
- “Our Page” (June 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Argentina who helped her family clean a neighbor’s yard.
- “Serving Heavenly Father” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Kevin helps his older brother and sister get ready to go to the temple. Includes two activities.
- “Straw for the Manger” (December 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy enjoys adding a piece of straw to the manger each time he does a good deed during the Christmas season.
- “We’ll Carry You!” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Young women offer to carry a friend on a hike when they learn she couldn't participate otherwise.
- “A Heart Filled With Love” (February 2013 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about a day of service.
- “A Special Pigeon” (April 2013 Friend)
While raising pigeons, a young President Monson learns about serving others.
- “Baseballs and Service” (September 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells a story of when he did service for his elderly neighbor when he was a boy.
- “Chocolate Cake” (January 2012 Friend)
When Elizabeth earns some extra money, she thinks about buying things for herself but decides to use the money to make others happy.
- “Darren’s Friend” (February 2012 Friend)
A young boy gives food and his coat to a friend who needs them.
- “Dylan’s Saturday Surprise” (June 2012 Friend)
Dylan doesn’t want to wake up early to clean the church, but he feels blessed when he realizes he’s cleaning the Lord’s house.
- “Eternal Service Project” (May 2005 Friend)
Keri thinks an elderly woman is trying to make a service project last forever, but learns that the woman just wants someone to visit her.
- “Going on an Errand for the Lord” (January 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about how Heavenly Father answered another’s prayer through him.
- “Grandma’s Feather Blizzard” (August 2012 Friend)
Joshua helps his grandma clean the house before his parents bring the new baby home.
- “Growing in the Garden” (June 2012 Friend)
Matt doesn’t want to weed his grandparents’ garden, but he discoveries the joys of working and serving.
- “Not Alone” (January 2013 Friend)
A boy is comforted when his bishop visits him in the hospital.
- “Serving Mrs. Burrows” (December 2012 Friend)
Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the Seventy sharing how he learned to love an elderly neighbor by helping his mother serve the woman.
- “Sharing Christmas” (December 2011 Friend)
Sarah learns that giving away something important to her helps her to be like Jesus.
- “The Coat” (March 2012 Friend)
An illustrated story about President Heber J. Grant when he gave away his new coat to help a needy boy who was cold.
- “Three Milkshakes for Malachi” (February 2013 Friend)
Cole gets discouraged when he keeps dropping the milkshakes he is trying to bring to his sick friend.
- “Two Million Helping Hands” (June 2012 Friend)
Children around the world share how they have served others.
- “Wake-Up Calls” (November 2012 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring invites us to heed the Savior’s call to help those in need. Includes a word search activity.
- “Why is it important to serve others?” (July 2011 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks teaches about service.
- “Fun Service” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Find two matching pictures of these children doing service.
- “How Many People Can We Help?” (June 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches how we can help others. Includes a game to match people who need help with the things they need.