- “A True Friend” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Melanie helps her friend decide not to smoke.
- “Spring Cleaning” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008) teaches that our bodies are sacred.
- “He Told Me, ‘No Way’” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Chase refuses to try beer at a friend’s house.
- “An Operation on Joseph’s Leg” (February 2008 Friend)
An illustrated telling of how Joseph Smith refused alcohol before surgery as a child.
- “Honoring His Name” (May 2008 Friend)
Elder Shayne M. Bowen of the Seventy made a promise with his brother when they were children to never break the Word of Wisdom.
- “Addiction or Freedom” (May 2002 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson testifies of the Word of Wisdom.
- “The Strength to Choose” (April 2010 Friend)
Chris’s friend pressures him to smoke, but he chooses the right.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus: I’ll Have Juice” (December 2009 Friend)
A girl and her mother drink juice instead of tea at a party.
- Coloring page: “Living the Word of Wisdom Shows Respect for My Body.” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
- “My Body Is a Temple of God” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Find your way through the maze by choosing the paths that help you treat your body like a temple of God.
- “Sharing Time: I Will Always Choose the Right” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Choose pictures that represent good decisions to move toward Christ.
- “A Healthy Body” (August 2011 Friend)
Match the distorted photos with things that can keep us healthy.
- Coloring Page: “Exercise Is Fun” (August 2009 Friend)
Includes instructions for an outside game.
- Coloring Page: “Good Choices” (October 2005 Friend)
- “Healthy and Happy” (January 2012 Friend)
Draw your favorite meal to find out if you are making healthy food choices.
- “Healthy and Happy” (March 2012 Friend)
An invitation to track your exercise for a week.
- “Sharing Time: Warning!” (November 1993 Friend)
A short lesson and coloring pages about the Word of Wisdom.
- “Test Your Health IQ” (April 2012 Friend)
Take a quiz to see how well you are caring for your body.
- “Word of Wisdom Picture Puzzler” (May 2006 Friend)
Identify these close-up photos of food to solve the puzzle.
- “Word of Wisdom Promise” (November 2006 Friend)
A coded-message activity.
- Music: “Choose the Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- Music: “The Word of Wisdom” (Children’s Songbook, 154)
- Video: “Doctrine and Covenants Stories: Chapter 31: The Word of Wisdom (February 1833)”
- Video: Our Faith, “Word of Wisdom”
A man describes his commitment to follow God’s commandments to care for the body He has given us.
- Video: “Old Testament Visual Resources: Daniel”
Daniel and his friends partake of grains and water in place of meat and wine.