Skip main navigation
- “A Firm Decision” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Israel Perez of the Seventy decided to keep the Word of Wisdom from a very young age.
- “A Mother’s Influence” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Carlos H. Amado of the Seventy shares how his mother encouraged him to choose the right and serve a mission.
- “A Truckload of Saints” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Benjamin De Hoyos of the Seventy shares how his family shared their car with 20 other people to go to church every week.
- “Answered Prayers” (July 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gerald N. Lund of the Seventy shares how praying as a child helped him recognize an answer to prayer when he was deciding to serve a mission.
- “The Beginning of a Testimony” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Steven E. Snow of the Seventy teaches that our testimonies can start while we are in Primary.
- “Being Content” (Liahona and Friend April 2008)
Elder Alexander A. Odume of the Seventy teaches that we should be content with what we have.
- “Blessed by the Priesthood” (July 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Douglas L. Callister of the Seventy teaches how his son had faith that the priesthood would heal him.
- “The Blessings of Sacrifice” (December 2002 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Adhemar Damiani of the Seventy teaches that if we can accomplish great things when we set goals and work hard.
- “Blessings of the Temple” (July 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Paul E. Koelliker of the Seventy testifies that children can feel the blessings of the temple.
- “Blessings of the Temple” (January 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Enrique R. Falabella of the Seventy sacrificed greatly to be sealed to his family in the temple.
- “Choose the Light” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gerrit W. Gong of the Seventy shares how pray helped him overcome his fear of the dark.
- “Courage to Live the Gospel” ((March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Erich W. Kopischkeof the Seventy teaches that if we obey the commandments, Heavenly Father will help us know what to do and say.
- “The Dawning of a Testimony” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Monte J. Brough of the Seventy shares how he prayed to gain a testimony while he was working in the Alaska wilderness.
- “Even as I Am” (February 1999 Friend and March 2002 Liahona)
Elder Spencer J. Condie of the Seventy tells how a friend forgave a man after he hurt her in a serious car accident.
- “Family Traditions” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Christoffel Golden Jr. of the Seventy stood up to school bullies until they gradually lost their influence. When you stand for right, good triumphs.
- “Friend to Friend” (March 1992 Friend)
Elder Robert K. Dellenbach of the Seventy uses a story about camping to explain how we can protect ourselves from temptation.
- “The Glory of God Is Intelligence” (October 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares how learning helps us choose the right.
- “The Gospel Makes us Happy” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Jean A. Tefan of the Seventy shares how keeping the Word of Wisdom and sharing the gospel make us happy.
- “Gratitude and Thanksgiving” (November 1985 Friend)
President Marion G. Romney (1897–1988) shares his thoughts on the story of the ten lepers.
- “Happy in the Gospel” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Carlos A. Godoy of the Seventy shares how members’ happiness led him to join the Church. Real happiness is within the gospel.
- “He Broke the Bands of Death” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Kearon of the Seventy talks about how Jesus broke the bands of death so we can live again.
- “He Is There” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Rosemary M. Wixom, the Primary general president, shares how she prayed her sick son would be well. She testifies that Heavenly Father lives and knows us.
- “How to Treat Others” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Francisco J. Viñas of the Seventy learned from his parents how to treat others with love.
- “Kindness” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Won Yong Ko of the Seventy shares how others’ kindness helped him join the Church.
- “Learning to Listen” (February 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Elder José A. Teixeira of the Seventy teaches that it is important to listen to earthly parents as well as to the Holy Ghost.
- “Learning to Read” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Larry R. Lawrence of the Seventy learned to read from his father. Elder Lawrence later gained a testimony from reading a book by an Apostle.
- “Legacy of Love” (September 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Yoshihio Kikuchi of the Seventy had to work hard to support his family as a young man, but he found hope through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- “Jumping Fences” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Daryl H. Garn of the Seventy shares the story of an unruly horse who could not learn to be obedient.
- “Missionary Friends” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gary J. Coleman of the Seventy shares how friendly Church members helped him feel comfortable when he was learning about the gospel.
- “My Brother and the Puppy” (September 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Keith R. Edwards of the Seventy shares how his brother’s love for a puppy taught him the law of the harvest—as you sow, so shall you reap.
- “Praying and Singing to Heavenly Father” (July 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Michael John U. Teh of the Seventy testifies that praying and singing Primary songs as a child helped him know Heavenly Father.
- “Preparing for a Mission” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Ulisses Soares of the Seventy tells how being honest, paying tithing, and saving money helped him prepare for a mission.)
- “Remember” (March 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Walter F. Gonález of the Seventy teaches that remembering spiritual experiences helps us endure.
- “Righteous Desires” (October 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Clate W. Mask Jr. of the Seventy says that we usually end up doing what we want—the key is to want the right things!
- “Sons and Daughters of God” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky of the Seventy shares how he went to church as a child even though his parents did not attend. He later chose to serve a mission. Heavenly Father loves us.
- “Standing for Righteousness” (October 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Wonfgang H. Paul of the Seventy shares how he stood for his beliefs even when classmates and teachers teased him.
- “Strength to Follow the Lord” (June 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Claudio D. Zivic of the Seventy had a dream to run in the Olympics, but he stopped racing to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “The Blessings of Hard Work” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Per G. Malm of the Seventy shares how physical work taught him to serve the Lord.
- “The Promise of a Prophet” (April 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Octaviano Tenorio of the Seventy testifies how reading the Book of Mormon together blessed his family and taught his youngest son to read.
- “Trust in the Lord” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Elaine S. Dalton, the general Young Women president, shares how she developed trust in the Lord after her father passed away.
- “We’re Going to Primary” (September 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Robert R. Steuer of the Seventy joined the church after his friends invited him to Primary.
- “A Brother’s Example” (December 2005 Friend)
Elder Gene R. Cook’s family didn’t go to Church, but his brother learned the Church was true when he was healed by a priesthood blessing.
- “A Day to Play?” (May 2013 Friend)
Elder Larry Y. Wilson of the Seventy talks about keeping the Sabbath day holy.
- “A Positive Attitude” (November 2012 Friend)
Elder Bruce A. Carlson of the Seventy shares how his young daughter had a positive attitude even though she couldn’t walk. Positive attitudes help us rise above our trials.
- “A Real Miracle” (April 2010 Friend)
Elder Daniel L. Johnson of the Seventy shares how Heavenly Father saved his life from a bucking horse.
- “A Warm Feeling” (May 2004 Friend)
Elder Spencer J. Condie of the Seventy shares how he felt the spirit when he heard Book of Mormon stories and listened to the Apostles.
- “Be Kind” (August 2003 Friend)
Elder Robert C. Oaks of the Seventy says that leadership to treating others kindly and honestly. We should especially be kind to our family members.
- “A Beautiful World” (December 2004 Friend)
Elder Mervyn B. Arnold of the Seventy shares his gratitude for Heavenly Father’s creations and how he gained a testimony of priesthood blessings.
- “Blessed and Healed” (January 2009 Friend)
When Elder Anthony D. Perkins of the Seventy was seven, he was diagnosed with an incurable hip disease. He testifies that Heavenly Father guided his family to a doctor who was able to cure him. Heavenly Father may not take away our trials, but He always blesses us.
- “Callings and Prophets” (May 2003 Friend)
Elder Stephan A. West of the Seventy testifies that prophets know our struggles and let us know what we should be doing.
- “Choosing Kindness” (January 2007 Friend)
Elder Paul V. Johnson of the Seventy shares he decided to never be a bully.
- “A Clear Answer” (February 2004 Friend)
Elder H. Bruce Stucki of the Seventy listened to the Spirit when flying an airplane over a dangerous mountain range.
- “Even Though Everyone Else Is Doing It” (July 2011 Friend)
Elder F. Michael Watson of the Seventy shares a story about when he broke his arm as a boy after making an unwise decision.
- “Fire!” (May 2012 Friend)
Sister Cheryl A. Esplin of the Primary presidency shares how Heavenly Father helped her know what to do when her garage caught on fire.
- “Follow the Prophet” (August 2005 Friend)
Elder C. Scott Grow of the Seventy shares lessons he’s learned from following the prophet, including keeping the Sabbath day holy and honoring temple covenants.
- “Follow Your Leaders” (July 2004 Friend)
Elder D. Rex Gerratt of Seventy’s father overcame a Word of Wisdom problem to be sealed to his family.
- “Growing a Testimony” (December 2008 Friend)
Elder Marcus B. Nash of the Seventy teaches that if we nurture our testimonies in simple ways, they will grow from spiritual saplings to redwoods.
- “The Holy Ghost Is Real” (December 2007 Friend)
Elder Craig A. Cardon of the Seventy shares an experience from his childhood about correcting a wrong choice.
- “Honoring His Name” (May 2008 Friend)
Elder Shayne M. Bowen of the Seventy made a promise with his brother when they were children to never break the Word of Wisdom.
- “Honoring Our Parents” (June 2003 Friend)
Elder H. Aldridge Gillespie of the Seventy grew up in a very inactive home. He teaches that honoring your parents doesn’t always mean doing exactly what they do; it means doing what Heavenly Father wants you to do.
- “The Hour of Conversion” (November 2005 Friend)
Elder Robert K. Dellenbach gained a testimony while crossing the ocean to begin his mission.
- “How I Gained a Testimony” (October 2011 Friend)
Elder Gérald Caussé of the Seventy explains how he gained a testimony from tiny seeds of faith.
- “Jesus Knows Your Name” (March 2008 Friend)
Elder David S. Baxter of the Seventy grew up in a single-parent home but was comforted that Jesus knew his name.
- “Live Without Regret” (February 2007 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Hinckley (1910–2008) of the Seventy shares his regret when he stole some scrap wood with some friends.
- “Live Worthily to Return Home” (December 2003 Friend)
Elder Wayne S. Peterson of the Seventy was comforted by the plan of salvation when his brother died. We should always live worthily to return home to our Heavenly Father.
- “The Missing Box” (May 2010 Friend)
Elder Jorge F. Zeballos of the Seventy shares how Heavenly Father helped him find a missing treasure.
- “Music for the Heart” (August 2011 Friend)
Elder Yoon Hwan Choi of the Seventy shares how his little son sang Primary songs on the way to school. He testifies that good music blesses our lives.
- “My Brother Gary” (June 2006 Friend)
Elder Marlin K. Jensen talks about growing up with a brother with special needs.
- “My Fishing Lessons” (February 2011 Friend)
Elder James J. Hamula of the Seventy shares how fishing taught him to be patient, handle disappointment, and wait for blessings—lessons that helped him be a better missionary.
- “My Special Books” (October 2012 Friend)
Elder Kent F. Richards of the Seventy shares his testimony of the scriptures.
- “Never Let Go” (July 2012 Friend)
Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge of the Seventy shares how runaway horses taught him to never let of the iron rod.
- “Now Is the Time to Obey” (August 2008 Friend)
Elder David F. Evans of the Seventy had an unexpected opportunity to serve a mission. If you obey a call to serve, you will be blessed.
- “No Matter Our Differences” (October 2010 Friend)
Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer of the Seventy shares how he learned from his cousins, who were of a different faith. He shares how his example blessed his grandma, who was not a member. Includes tips for getting along with others who do not share your beliefs.
- “The Parable of the Anthill and the Cell Phone” (November 011 Friend)
Elder Joseph W. Sitati of the Seventy shares how bad phone service and an anthill taught him about being sensitive to spiritual promptings.
- “Pray and Plan” (April 2013 Friend)
Elder Carl B. Cook of the Seventy shares how a prayer helped him find a missing nickel.
- “Prayer and Work” (November 2007 Friend)
Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares how Heavenly Father helped him find his favorite rabbit.
- “Prayer Is Important” (April 2004 Friend)
Elder William R. Walker talks about praying for his sick baby brother. No matter how young we are, prayer is important.
- “Quiet Time” (November 2003 Friend)
Elder R. Conrad Shultz of the Seventy encourages us to disconnect from the media and find quiet time to think and talk to Heavenly Father.
- “Remembering Promises” (December 2007 Friend)
Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Seventy says that we feel blessed when we remember the Lord’s promises.
- “Scriptures and Firewood” (June 2010 Friend)
Elder Allan F. Packer of the Seventy shares how a camping mistake taught him to carefully read the scriptures.
- “Seeking Him in Prayer” (February 2006 Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles learned the power of prayer as a young boy.
- “Service and the Sabbath” (November 2004 Friend)
Elder William W. Parmley of the Seventy decided not to study on Sundays in college, and he graduated with the highest honors.
- “Serving Mrs. Burrows” (December 2012 Friend)
Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the Seventy shares how he learned to love an elderly couple by serving them.
- “Small Things” (August 2007 Friend)
Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander of the Seventy shares how small things, like reading our scriptures and being polite, can convert us to the Lord.
- “Spiritual Promptings” (February 2012 Friend)
Sister Jean A. Stevens from the general Primary presidency shares how the Holy Ghost prompted her to help a lost boy.
- “The Book was True” (March 2013 Friend)
Elder Kevin R. Duncan of the Seventy shares the story of gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon.
- “The Stolen Records” (June 2010 Friend)
Elder Lance B. Wickman of the Seventy shares how he dealt with a classmate who was stealing.
- “The Temple Is For Everyone” (December 2010 Friend)
Elder W. Craig Zwick of the Seventy shares how his granddaughter set a goal to go to all of the temples in the Salt Lake area. The temple increases our love for others and unites families.
- “Two Secrets to Happiness” (February 2009 Friend)
Elder Larry W. Gibbons of the Seventy shares how moving pianos and losing at basketball taught him two secrets to happiness: hard work and self-control.
- “When We’re Helping, We’re Happy” (December 2011 Friend)
Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis of the Seventy shares how he learned to love work by building a chapel and watching his mother.
- “Wilford’s Prayer” (January 2011 Friend)
Elder Wilford W. Anderson of the Seventy shares how he prayed when he was lost as a child and how Heavenly Father answered his prayer.
- “Women of Faith” (May 2007 Friend)
Elder John B. Dickson of the Seventy shares lessons he learned from his brave mother and grandmothers.
- “The Word of Wisdom: A Blessing of Strength” (February 2003 Friend)
Elder Darwin B. Christenson of the Seventy shares how living the Word of Wisdom helped him win a military race.
- “You Are a Child of God” (January 2008 Friend)
Elder Paul B. Pieper of the Seventy testifies that we can feel peace even when scary things happen in the world.
- “Young and Faithful” (August 2009 Friend)
Elder Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy tells of being faithful in the gospel even though he was the youngest in his class.