BibleVideos.LDS.org Releases Series of Easter-Themed Videos, Adds E-card Function
By Heather Whittle Wrigley, Church News and Events
- BibleVideos.lds.org plans to release a series of Easter-related videos that relate stories of the Savior’s last weeks.
- Church leaders hope members and others will use them to learn, share, and inspire.
In the weeks leading up to April 8, 2012, BibleVideos.lds.org has released plans to release a series of Easter-related videos that relate stories from the Savior’s final weeks—from His triumphal entry into Jerusalem to His Crucifixion and Resurrection.
Jesus Teaches about the Widow’s Mites was released on January 23; other videos followed.
The purpose of the videos is to provide an opportunity for members and others to learn, share, and inspire.
- Jesus Teaches a Samaritan Woman
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan
- The Lord's Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
- The Last Supper
- The Intercessory Prayer
- Christ in Gethsemane
- Peter’s denial
- The Savior’s trial before Pilate
- The scourging and Crucifixion
- The laying of the Lord’s body in the tomb
- The Savior’s Resurrection
The videos are also available in Spanish and Portuguese.Biblevideos.LDS.org also features a new video montage of the most recent Easter videos. The shareable video compilation, “He is Risen,” is set to original music and emphasizes the Easter message of the Resurrection.
With the update to the website allowing users to send an e-card of each of the previously released videos, individuals can easily share gospel messages.
After announcing the launch of the Bible Videos site in December, President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency, said, “Like the scriptures which these short films follow faithfully they may seem to you quiet. Your faith and the Holy Ghost will create the emotion these world-changing events deserve.”