1. Eli ran through the living room, jumping over piles of laundry on the floor as his baby brother, Asher, watched.
Be careful not to land on the laundry.
2. Eli’s foot knocked over a stack of washcloths. Asher laughed as the washcloths flew all over. Eli laughed too. They both laughed as he jumped from one stack of laundry to the next and kicked them over.
3. Mom walked back into the room. Eli stopped in the middle of a kick and fell down on Asher. Asher started to cry.
Sorry, Asher. Sorry, Mom.
4. Thank you for saying sorry, but what are you going to do to fix this problem?
I don’t know. Can I go play with my toys?
5. Eli, when we do something that hurts someone and we say sorry, there is something else we need to do.
We need to show we are sorry by making things better.
6. Eli wanted to show he was sorry. He ran to Asher’s toy box, grabbed a stuffed cheetah, and waved it in front of Asher’s face. Then he did a silly dance. Asher laughed.
7. Next, Eli helped Mom fold all of the washcloths he knocked over.
8. Then Eli ran to the piano and made up a new song for his mom.
Wow, Eli. That is my most favorite song ever.
Now am I done being sorry?
Absolutely. And I’m done being angry too.
Illustrations by Elise Black
Help Eli Show He Is Sorry
Help Eli find his way through his house so he can do nice things for his mom and brother Asher to show he is sorry. Eli needs to go past Asher’s toy box, the washcloths, and the piano. Be careful to make sure that Eli does not run into any of the messy piles of laundry as he makes his way through the house.
Illustration by Elise Black
Jesus Heals a Sick Man
One day Jesus was teaching people in a house. Some men carried a sick man on a bed to see Jesus. The sick man on the bed could not walk. The men couldn’t get the sick man in the house because there was no room to get through the door. The men took the sick man to the roof of the house. They removed part of the roof and lowered the sick man and his bed into the house. When Jesus saw the faith of these men, he told the sick man his sins were forgiven. He told the man to pick up his bed and go home. The man stood up. He was healed. He picked up his bed and walked home. The people were amazed.
Jesus Heals a Lame Man by Robert Barrett, © 1999 IRI; illustrations by Elise Black