The Braille files on LDS.org are formatted in grade 2, contracted English Braille. To download a file to your computer or electronic Braille note taker, do the following:
- Move to the desired link using your screen reader's links list box or by pressing Tab.
- When you have located the desired link, either right-click on it or press Shift+F10. This will cause the context menu to open, and the screen reader will say, "context menu, open."
- Within the context menu, select Save Target As. The Save dialog box will appear.
- Within the Save dialog box, press Alt+I and then use the down arrow to select a destination drive and folder.
- Press Tab to move to the File name field. You can either accept the default file name or enter a new one.
- Click the Save button to save the file. (You can also press Tab to locate the Save button and then press Enter to save.)
After downloading a file to your computer, you can transfer it to an electronic Braille note taker (such as Braille Lite, Type 'N Speak, or Packmate) or to a Braille embosser (such as Blazer or Versa Point).
Note: The Bible is not included among the Braille files on LDS.org. The American Bible Society and the Lutheran Braille Workers of America both have Braille and electronic versions of the Bible.