Plug-ins are programs that increase your computer's ability to perform different tasks. For example, the Flash plug-in enables your computer to play animated Internet files, and the Adobe Reader plug-in enables your computer to open and display PDF files that you can read, print, or download.
The following links are examples of Church Web pages that are using plug-ins:
- Church Publications: PDF (Acrobat Reader)
- Joseph Smith Resource Center: QuickTime
- General Conference: Windows Media
- CES Firesides: Windows Media
- Record-Keeping and Auditing Training: Flash
- Young Women Teaching Guide: Flash
- Teaching and Expecting Appropriate Behavior: Flash
- Scouting in Primary: Flash
Download Plug-ins for LDS.org
The following free plug-ins will help you take full advantage of the variety of content on LDS.org. Click the plug-in name to go to the company's site and download the version you need.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free program that displays PDF (portable document format) files for reading, printing, or downloading.
- Apple QuickTime Player. A free media player that plays audio and video files on your computer. This plug-in is compatible with both Macintosh and Windows-based computers.
- Macromedia Flash Player. A free Internet browser plug-in that is required for Web sites that display movement or animation.
- Macromedia Shockwave Player. A free plug-in that enables you to view and use interactive Internet content.
- Windows Media Player. A free media player that is included with all newer Windows-based computers. This plug-in plays audio and video files.