LDS Media Library Usage Information
Although many of the items in the LDS Media Library are available for download, some are not. Videos, audio, and images that are not available to download typically have Intellectual Property (IP) restrictions that prevent their use by the general public. However, nondownloadable media are still available to stream and share with others.
There are many things you can do with downloadable media from the LDS Media Library, but there are also restrictions of which you should be aware. See the lists below to review examples of ways you can and cannot use downloadable media from the LDS Media Library. Not every circumstance for which you can and cannot use downloadable media is specifically listed. Please refer to the official Termsof Use page for more details.
Ways you can use downloadable media from the LDS Media Library:
- Show images from this site to supplement your Sunday lessons.
- Create an audio CD to listen to in your car.
- Share a video with your children during family home evening.
- Burn a DVD for your for personal use.
Ways you cannot use downloadable media from the LDS Media Library:
- Burn DVDs for any distribution. Distribution of the DVD requires additional permissions.
- Publish to other websites.
- Cut or alter existing Church-owned media to create new products, even for personal use.
Downloading media from the LDS Media Library does not result in ownership of that media or ownership of any associated copyrights. Downloadable media are approved for personal, noncommercial use to learn, teach, and share the gospel of Jesus Christ. Any other use is prohibited.