1. On a golden springtime, underneath the ground,A tiny seedling lay asleep until the sun shone down.Awake, awake, O little seed!Push upward to the light!The day is bright. With all your might,push upward to the light!
2. On a golden springtime, Jesus Christ awokeAnd left the tomb where he had lain; the bands of death he broke.Awake, awake, O sleeping world!Look upward to the light,For now all men may live again.Look upward to the light!
3. On a golden springtime, in a forest glade,The Father and the Son appeared as Joseph knelt and prayed.Awake, awake, O nations all!Receive the gospel light!The gospel true is here for you.Receive its glorious light!
Words: Virginia Maughan Kammeyer, 1925-1999. (c) 1989 IRIMusic: Crawford Gates, b. 1921. (c) 1989 IRI
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Crawford Gates, b. 1921
- Virginia Maughan Kammeyer, 1925-1999
- Alma 32:28, Doctrine and Covenants 88:7, Matthew 28:5-6, Joseph Smith-History 1:17
- Easter, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ-Son of God, Joseph Smith, Missionary Work, Plan of Salvation, Restoration of the Gospel, Resurrection, Spring, Testimony
En la primavera
Em Um Dia Primaveril
Par un beau printemps doré