1. Come, ye thankful people, come;Raise the song of harvest home.All is safely gathered inEre the winter storms begin.God, our Maker, doth provideFor our wants to be supplied.Come to God's own temple, come;Raise the song of harvest home.
2. All the world is God's own field,Fruit unto his praise to yield,Wheat and tares together sown,Unto joy or sorrow grown.First the blade, and then the ear,Then the full corn shall appear.Lord of harvest, grant that weWholesome grain and pure may be.
Text: Henry Alford, 1810-1871Music: George J. Elvey, 1816-1893
- Hymn Number
- George J. Elvey, 1816-1893
- Henry Alford, 1810-1871
- Doctrine and Covenants 86:1-7, Mark 4:26-28
- 7 7 7 7 D
- Gratitude, Parables, Preparedness, Thanksgiving
- St. George's Windsor
Elevemos nuestros himnos
Vinde, ó povos, graças dar