1. From homes of Saints glad songs arise,For there the Lord is King.There faith is learned and prayers ascend,The Spirit's peace to bring.For homes where scriptures old are loved,And living prophets, too,All thanks we give; the Father praiseFor guidance sure and true.
2. God's truths protect the hearth from wrongWhen error's ways allure,Lift minds from self to nobleness,Keep thought and action pure.Then sing, O Saints, in hymns of praise;Sing thanks to God on high,Whose counsels kept in homes on earthBring heaven's glory nigh.
Text: Vernald W. Johns, 1902-1999. (c) 1985 IRIMusic: G. William Richards, 1918-2005. (c) 1985 IRI
- Hymn Number
- G. William Richards, 1918-2005
- Vernald W. Johns, 1902-1999
- Isaiah 54:13, Psalm 149:1-2
- CMD (Common Meter Doubled)
- 8 6 8 6 8 6 8 6
- Chastity, Gratitude, Guidance, Home , Motherhood, Music and Song, Scriptures, Word of Wisdom
La joie règne au foyer