1. Gently raise the sacred strain,For the Sabbath's come againThat man may rest,That man may rest,And return his thanks to GodFor his blessings to the blest,For his blessings to the blest.
2. Holy day, devoid of strife--Let us seek eternal life,That great reward,That great reward,And partake the sacramentIn remembrance of our Lord,In remembrance of our Lord.
3. Sweetly swells the solemn soundWhile we bring our gifts aroundOf broken hearts,Of broken hearts,As a willing sacrifice,Showing what his grace imparts,Showing what his grace imparts.
4. Holy, holy is the Lord.Precious, precious is his word:Repent and live,Repent and live;Tho your sins be crimson red,Oh, repent, and he'll forgive.Oh, repent, and he'll forgive.
Text: William W. Phelps, 1792-1872. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: Thomas C. Griggs, 1845-1903
- Hymn Number
- Thomas C. Griggs, 1845-1903
- William W. Phelps, 1792-1872. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.
- Doctrine and Covenants 59:8-12, Isaiah 1:16-18
- 7 7 4 4 7 7 7
- Repentance, Sabbath Day, Sacrament
Entonad sagrado son
Entoai a Deus louvor
Elevons nos chants sacrés