1. Our Father, by whose name all fatherhood is known,Who dost in love proclaim each family thine own,Bless thou all parents, guarding well,With constant love as sentinel,The homes in which thy people dwell.
2. As thou thy Child didst fill with wisdom, love, and might,To know and do thy will and teach thy ways aright,Our children bless, in ev'ry place,That they may all behold thy face,And, knowing thee, may grow in grace.
3. May thy strong Spirit bind our hearts in unity,And help us each to find the love from self set free.In all our hearts such love increase,That ev'ry home, by this release,May be the dwelling place of peace.
Text: F. Bland Tucker, 1895-1984, alt.Music: John David Edwards, 1806-1885 From The Hymnal 1940. Text (c) The Church Pension Fund.
- Hymn Number
- John David Edwards, 1806-1885 From The Hymnal 1982
- F. Bland Tucker, 1895-1984, alt.
- 3 Nephi 18:21, Alma 7:27
- 6 6 6 6 8 8 8
- Children, Fatherhood, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Home , Love, Peace, Unity
O Père, exemple aimé de la paternité