1. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation!O my soul, praise him, for he is thy health and salvation!Join the great throng,Psaltery, organ and song,Sounding in glad adoration!
2. Praise to the Lord! Over all things he gloriously reigneth.Borne as on eagle wings, safely his Saints he sustaineth.Hast thou not seenHow all thou needest hath beenGranted in what he ordaineth?
3. Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy way and defend thee.Surely his goodness and mercy shall ever attend thee.Ponder anewWhat the Almighty can do,Who with his love doth befriend thee.
4. Praise to the Lord! Oh, let all that is in me adore him!All that hath breath, join with Abraham's seed to adore him!Let the "amen"Sum all our praises again,Now as we worship before him.
Text: Joachim Neander, 1650-1680; trans. by Catherine Winkworth, 1829-1878Music: From Stralsund Gesangbuch, 1665; arr. by William S. Bennett, 1816-1875, and Otto Goldschmidt, 1829-1907
- Hymn Number
- From Stralsund Gesangbuch, 1665; arr. by William S. Bennett, 1816-1875, and Otto Goldschmidt, 1829-1907
- Joachim Neander, 1650-1680; trans. by Catherine Winkworth, 1829-1878
- Psalm 150, Psalm 23:6
- 14 14 4 7 8
- Assurance, Music and Song, Praise
- Lobe den Herren
Louvai a Deus
Louange à Dieu