1. The happy day at last has come.The truth restored is now made known.The promised angel's come againTo introduce Messiah's reign.
2. The gospel trump again is heard.The truth from darkness has appeared.The lands which long benighted layHave now beheld a glorious day:
3. The day by prophets long foretold,The day which Abram did behold,The day that Saints desired so long,When God his great work would perform,
4. The day when Saints again shall hearThe voice of Jesus in their ear,And angels, who above do reign,Come down to speak again with men.
Text: Philo Dibble, 1806-1895. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906
- Hymn Number
- Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906
- Philo Dibble, 1806-1895. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.
- Doctrine and Covenants 128:20-21, Acts 3:19-21
- LM (Long Meter)
- 8 8 8 8
- Jesus Christ - Second Coming, Restoration of the Gospel, Truth
Gozoso día llega ya
Le jour béni est arrivé