1. The Lord is my Shepherd; no want shall I know.I feed in green pastures; safe-folded I rest.He leadeth my soul where the still waters flow,Restores me when wand'ring, redeems when oppressed,Restores me when wand'ring, redeems when oppressed.
2. Thru the valley and shadow of death though I stray,Since thou art my Guardian, no evil I fear.Thy rod shall defend me, thy staff be my stay.No harm can befall with my Comforter near.No harm can befall with my Comforter near.
3. In the midst of affliction my table is spread.With blessings unmeasured my cup runneth o'er.With perfume and oil thou anointest my head.Oh, what shall I ask of thy providence more?Oh, what shall I ask of thy providence more?
Text: James Montgomery, 1771-1854; based on Psalms 23Music: Thomas Koschat, 1845-1914
- Hymn Number
- Thomas Koschat, 1845-1914
- James Montgomery, 1771-1854; based on Psalms 23
- Psalm 23, Isaiah 26:3-4
- 6 5 6 5 D
- 6 5 6 5 (10 lines)
- Assurance, Comfort, Funeral, Jesus Christ - Shepherd