1. The morning breaks, the shadows flee;Lo, Zion's standard is unfurled!The dawning of a brighter day,The dawning of a brighter dayMajestic rises on the world.
2. The clouds of error disappearBefore the rays of truth divine;The glory bursting from afar,The glory bursting from afarWide o'er the nations soon will shine.
3. The Gentile fulness now comes in,And Israel's blessings are at hand.Lo, Judah's remnant, cleansed from sin,Lo, Judah's remnant, cleansed from sin,Shall in their promised Canaan stand.
4. Jehovah speaks! Let earth give ear,And Gentile nations turn and live.His mighty arm is making bare,His mighty arm is making bareHis cov'nant people to receive.
5. --Angels from heav'n and truth from earthHave met, and both have record borne;Thus Zion's light is bursting forth,Thus Zion's light is bursting forthTo bring her ransomed children home.
Text: Parley P. Pratt, 1807-1857Music: George Careless, 1839-1932
- Hymn Number
- George Careless, 1839-1932
- Parley P. Pratt, 1807-1857
- Isaiah 60:1-3, 3 Nephi 16:7-20
- LM (Long Meter)
- 8 8 8 8
- 8 8 8 8 8
- Gathering of Israel, Restoration of the Gospel, Truth, Zion
Ya rompe el alba
A Alva Rompe
Le jour paraît, chassant la nuit