1. While of these emblems we partakeIn Jesus' name and for his sake,Let us remember and be sureOur hearts and hands are clean and pure.
2. For us the blood of Christ was shed;For us on Calvary's cross he bled,And thus dispelled the awful gloomThat else were this creation's doom.
3. The law was broken; Jesus diedThat justice might be satisfied,That man might not remain a slaveOf death, of hell, or of the grave,
4. But rise triumphant from the tomb,And in eternal splendor bloom,Freed from the pow'r of death and pain,With Christ, the Lord, to rule and reign.
Text: John Nicholson, 1839-1909Music: Samuel McBurney, b. 1847Tune name: SAUL
- Hymn Number
- Samuel McBurney, b. 1847
- John Nicholson, 1839-1909
- Moroni 6:6, Mosiah 15:7-9
- LM (Long Meter)
- 8 8 8 8
- Easter, Resurrection, Sacrament, Worthiness