1. Ye who are called to labor and minister for God,Blest with the royal priesthood, appointed by his wordTo preach among the nations the news of gospel grace,And publish on the mountains salvation, truth, and peace:
2. Oh, let not vain ambition nor worldly glory stainYour minds so pure and holy; acquit yourselves like men.While lifting up your voices like trumpets long and loud,Say to the slumb'ring nation: "Prepare to meet your God!"
3. Then cease from all light speeches, light-mindedness, and pride;Pray always without ceasing and in the truth abide.The Comforter will teach you, his richest blessings send.Your Savior will be with you forever to the end.
4. Rich blessings there await you, and God will give you faith.You shall be crowned with glory and triumph over death,And soon you'll come to Zion and, bearing each his sheaf,No more shall taste of sorrow, but glorious crowns receive.
Text: Mary Judd Page, 1818-1907Music: Daniel B. Towner, 1850-1919
- Hymn Number
- Daniel B. Towner, 1850-1919
- Mary Judd Page, 1818-1907
- Doctrine and Covenants 4:1-7, Doctrine and Covenants 75:2-5
- 7 6 7 6 D
- Duty, Leadership, Missionary Work, Priesthood, Worthiness
Oh vos que sois llamados
Ó vós que sois chamados
Appelés à servir Dieu