A man or woman may serve As the ward music chairman. Under the direction of the ward music adviser, the ward music chairman has the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource to the bishopric on music matters.
- Arrange for effective, appropriate music in sacrament meetings and other ward meetings. Serve as a resource to ward auxiliary leaders in providing music training and meeting other music needs as requested.
- Recommend and supervise music training programs in the ward.
- Recommend and implement ward music programs as requested.
- Recommend members to fill ward music positions as requested by the ward music adviser. Supervise those who serve in ward music callings.
- The ward music chairman receives training and support from the stake music chairman as needed.