The scriptures sometimes use the word harvest figuratively to refer to bringing people into the Church, which is the kingdom of God on the earth, or to a time of judgment, such as the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved:Jer. 8:20; ( D&C 56:16; )
- The harvest is great, but the laborers are few:Matt. 9:37;
- The harvest is the end of the world:Matt. 13:39;
- Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap:Gal. 6:7–9; ( D&C 6:33; )
- The field is white already to harvest:D&C 4:4;
- The harvest is ended and your souls are not saved:D&C 45:2;
- The time of harvest is come, and my word must be fulfilled:D&C 101:64;