See also Blaspheme, Blasphemy
Disrespect or contempt for sacred things; especially, irreverence for the name of God.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain:Ex. 20:7; ( 2 Ne. 26:32; Mosiah 13:15; D&C 136:21; )
- Why do we profane the covenant of our fathers?:Mal. 2:10;
- Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall account for in the judgment:Matt. 12:34–37;
- Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing, which ought not so to be:James 3:10;
- Our words will condemn us:Alma 12:14; ( Mosiah 4:30; )
- Let all men beware how they take my name in their lips:D&C 63:61–62;