- Serve the Lord with gladness: Ps. 100:2 . ( Ps. 100:1–5 . )
- testimonies … are the rejoicing of my heart: Ps. 119:111 .
- merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: Prov. 15:13 .
- merry heart doeth good like a medicine: Prov. 17:22 .
- eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart: Eccl. 9:7 .
- joy and gladness shall be found therein: Isa. 51:3 . ( Isa. 51:11 . )
- did submit cheerfully and with patience: Mosiah 24:15 .
- acquainted with my native cheery temperament: JS—H 1:28 .