Helaman2, Sons of—children of converted Lamanites known as Ammonites [c. 64 B.C.]
See also Ammon2, People of
- Helaman convinces Lamanites not to break oath, never to shed blood: Alma 53:14–15 .
- sons had not entered covenant, assemble, call themselves Nephites: Alma 53:16 .
- the 2,000 enter covenant to protect liberty: Alma 53:17–18 .
- ask Helaman to be their leader: Alma 53:19 .
- are courageous, obedient to commandments: Alma 53:20–21 . ( Alma 56:46–47 . )
- march to support of people in borders: Alma 53:22 . ( Alma 56:57 . )
- Helaman tells Moroni1 about sons of Ammonites: Alma 56:3 .
- Helaman calls them his sons: Alma 56:10 .
- have greatest courage among Nephites: Alma 56:45 .
- were taught not to doubt by their mothers: Alma 56:47–48 .
- defeat Lamanites: Alma 56:52–54 .
- none slain: Alma 56:55–56 .
- Helaman joined by 60 additional sons of Ammonites: Alma 57:6 .
- fight valiantly: Alma 57:19–21 .
- are selected to convey prisoners: Alma 57:22 .
- two hundred wounded, none perish: Alma 57:24–25 . ( Alma 58:39 . )
- are preserved by faith: Alma 57:26 .
- in city of Manti with Helaman: Alma 58:39 .