See also Astronomy
- Lehi1 beholds one descending from heaven whose luster is above sun at noonday: 1 Ne. 1:9 .
- sun shall be darkened: 2 Ne. 23:10 . ( Isa. 13:10 . )
- sun appears to stand still: Hel. 12:15 .
- no darkness at setting of sun when Christ comes: Hel. 14:4 . ( 3 Ne. 1:15–19 . )
- sun shall be darkened at Christ’s death: Hel. 14:20 . ( 3 Ne. 8:22 . )
- the Father maketh his sun rise on evil and good: 3 Ne. 12:45 . ( Matt. 5:45 . )
- Church to come forth fair as sun: D&C 5:14 . ( D&C 105:31 . )
- sun shall be darkened: D&C 29:14 . ( D&C 34:9 ; D&C 45:42 . )
- celestial bodies have glory of sun: D&C 76:70 .
- glory of sun is typical of glory of God: D&C 76:70 .
- Christ is in sun and light of sun: D&C 88:7 .
- sun gives his light by day: D&C 88:45 .
- sun shall hide his face: D&C 88:87 . ( D&C 133:49 . )
- Church to come forth clear as sun: D&C 109:73 .
- the Lord’s countenance shone above brightness of sun: D&C 110:3 .