Stories and Ideas
Church News and Events is looking for stories that inform, inspire, and help engage Church members in learning, living, and sharing the gospel.
Topics of interest include members' noteworthy accomplishments, successful service projects, and other events or experiences relevant to Church members today.
- Advanced notice: If you have an idea tied to a date, please submit it with as much notice as possible.
- What to include: If you have a story, please include information regarding the who, what, when, where, why, and how, as well as supporting details, quotes, and statistics.
- Length: Generally, stories should be under 1,000 words.
Photos help tell the story. When sending multiple images, use FileSend.
- Descriptions: When sending photos, please send a description to help us understand what is happening in each photo. It is also helpful to point out people in the photo who are relevant to the story.
- Quality: Photos should be in focus and well lit. Please use at least a 3.1 megapixel camera. Send photo files such as .jpg or .tif files. Photos of sufficient quality will be files that are larger than 1 or 2 mb.
- What to avoid: Avoid showing logos. Avoid immodest or otherwise inappropriate clothing. Do not submit photos you did not take or photos of people who do not represent the teachings of the Church in their dress, grooming, gestures, and so forth.
In order for Church News and Events to use your story or photo, you must provide:
- Written permission from the author and photographer. (You may download and use the Creative Works License.)
- Written permission from any recognizable minor in the photo. (You may download and use the Release to Use Image form.)
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved