Center directors use the following resources to communicate effectively:
- Use LDSMail to communicate with the Family History Department.
- Fill out monthly reports to communicate statistics, success stories, and feedback.
- Keep up on current news with the director blogs.
- Use CDOL and FamilySearch wiki pages to help promote the center.
View the “how-to” videos below to help you use these tools.
- CDOL: Changing Center Hours
- LDSMail: Signing In and Changing Your Password
- LDSMail: Viewing and Organizing Messages
- Creating a Center Wiki Page
The following are resources about improving your communication with the Family History Department, with members, and with community patrons:
- Communication Channels (Open House 2011): View a presentation given at the 2011 open house in Salt Lake City by Arthur Johnson about using center communication channels more effectively.
- Promoting Family History Centers (Open House 2011): View a presentation given at the 2011 open house in Salt Lake City by Merrill White about ways to promote the center.
- Research Wiki Training: View a series of lessons on how to contribute information to the FamilySearch research wiki.
- Research Wiki Demos: Watch a series of “how-to” videos on how to contribute information to the FamilySearch research wiki.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved