- “What’s Sensational?” (November 1998 Friend)
A story about senses that invites children to create their own responses.
- “Snickerdoodles” (June 1993 Friend)
Brett learns that his senses aren’t magic, but a gift from Heavenly Father.
- “‘It Just Disappeared’” (July 1985 Friend)
Amy has a hard time saving a cookie for her father because it tastes and smells so good.
- “So Hungry” (February 2009 Friend)
A rebus story about making a fruit salad.
- “How the Nose Knows!” (February 1976 Friend)
Several activities involving the sense of smell.
- “Kitchen Crafts” (October 2011 Friend)
Two simple apple recipes.
- “Fruit and Veggie Butterflies” (February 2012 Friend)
Instructions to make a snack that looks like a butterfly.
- “In-a-Hurry Cookies” (February 2011 Friend)
A quick cookie recipe.
- Poem: Seeds (May 2000 Friend)
This poem describes vegetables in a garden.
- Music: “A Song of Thanks” (Children's Songbook, 20)
- Music: “For Health and Strength” (Children's Songbook, 21)
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 18: The Israelites in the Wilderness”
Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Sheet Music: “When Mother Bakes” (May 1978 Friend)
A simple song about tasting and smelling a baking cake.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved