- “I Want to See the Prophet” (October 2003 Liahona and Friend)
A girl realizes that she can have a testimony of the prophet without meeting him personally.
- “The Dinner Game” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A family starts a new Sunday tradition that helps them get to know the words of the prophets.
- “Like Nephi” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Tanya is sad to move, but her aunt reminds her that Nephi had to move when he was “exceedingly young” too.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: Safe on the Sea” (October 2011 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson encourages us to follow the prophets and apostles. Includes a coloring sheet.
- “I Know Where the Book of Mormon Came From!” (December 2008 Friend)
Preston learns about Lehi and his family and shares what he knows with his father’s friend.
- “Sharing Time: I Feel Reverent When I Read the Scriptures” (April 1992 Liahona)
Children can color a cover sheet depicting Lehi’s family leaving Jerusalem, and then draw pictures of their favorite Book of Mormon stories. Includes a story about how one boy treasures the Book of Mormon.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 2: Lehi Warns the People”: Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 3: Lehi Leaves Jerusalem”: Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Music: “We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet” (Hymns, no. 19)
- Music: “Keep the Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 146)
- Music: “Follow the Prophet” (Children’s Songbook, 110)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Lehi Prophesying to the People of Jerusalem”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Lehi’s Family Leaving Jerusalem”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Brother Joseph”
- Music: “I Will Always Obey” (March 1996 Friend)
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved