- “Decide Right Now” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
President Monson teaches that it is easier to obey commandments 100 percent of the time than 98 percent of the time. Also includes two simple activities.
- “Moses Teaches His People” (November 1998 Liahona and May 1998 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments. Includes flannel board figures.
- “Drive-Through Decision” (May 2012 Friend)
Jacob sets a good example for his family when he decides to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “Friend to Friend: Life Lessons” (May 2006 Friend)
Elder Lynn A. Mickelsen tells a story to illustrate if we keep commandments when we are young, we will train ourselves to stay close to our Heavenly Father.
- “Jehovah Gives Commandments” (May 2010 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Moses and how he received the Ten Commandments.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus: Respect His Name” (January 2000 Friend)
Six-year-old Lance learns the importance of keeping the commandment to not take the Lord’s name in vain.
- “Weeding Out the Lie” (September 2012 Friend)
Olivia feels good when she chooses to be honest. She remembers that she promised to obey the commandments when she was baptized.
- “Abinadi and the Ten Commandments” (October 2000 Friend)
A crossword puzzle made from the Abinadi’s teaching of the Ten Commandments in Mosiah 13.
- Coloring Page: “Nephi was blessed for choosing the right.” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- “For Little Friends: Ten Commandments (A finger play)” (May 1998 Friend)
Use your hands to teach the story of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
- “I Obey Jesus Christ Because I Love Him” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Thoughts on how we feel the Savior’s love when we are keeping his commandments. Includes four activity ideas.
- “Sharing Time: Keep the Commandments” (June 1999 Liahona and Friend)
Includes an activity where children can envision themselves getting closer to the Savior as they keep the commandments.
- “The Ten Commandments Teach Me to Love God and His Children” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Write down observations of people keeping the Ten Commandments. Read each one and categorize whether they honored God, respected parents and family, or respected others. Includes labels to be used for jar or bag for this activity.
- “Keep the Commandments” (May 2012 Friend)
Scripture search game.
- “Sharing Time: Commandments” (March 1995 Friend)
Includes an activity to match pictures with commandments modern prophets have asked us to live.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Moses and the Ten Commandments”
- Music: “Choose the Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- Music: “The Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 112)
- Music: “Keep the Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 146)
- Music: “Love One Another” (Children’s Songbook, 136)
- Scripture Poster: “Moses” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved