- “Crash and Tell” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Connor quickly turns off computer and tells his parents after he sees some bad pictures on the Internet.
- “Jason’s Escape” (August 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A boy learns that the Spirit can warn us of bad media when a friend wants to play an inappropriate video game. Includes ten tips for being media smart.
- “Just a Little Violence?” (August 2007 Liahona and New Era)
A young man learns how watching violent movies affects him.
- “Unplugged” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Three families share how they balance media time with other activities.
- “A Voice of Warning” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Tad finds a pornographic magazine in a garbage can. He takes it home, but then he feels bad and decides not to look at the pictures.
- “The Best Coach” (October 2009 Friend)
Jacob leaves a team party at his coach’s home when his team starts looking at magazines with inappropriate pictures.
- “Birthday Standards” (August 2010 Friend)
Lisa speaks up about bad music playing at a friend’s birthday party.
- “Choose the Right Media” (April 2012 Friend)
Guidelines on choosing appropriate entertainment. Includes stories from a couple of children.
- “In the Zone” (January 2011 Friend)
Aubrey decides to spend less time watching TV after she realizes she is watching it too much.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus: A Movie Choice” (February 2011 Friend)
Daniel asks to change movies after a bad movie is put on in a friend’s car.
- For the Strength of Youth: “Entertainment and the Media”
- Music: “Choose The Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- Music: “Dare to do Right” (Children’s Songbook, 158)
- Music: “Stand for the Right” (Children’s Songbook, 159)
- Poster: “Free Filter” (June 2005 Liahona and New Era)
- Poster: “Some Music Can Hurt You” (March 2005 Liahona and New Era)
- Video: “Things As They Really Are”
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved