- “Born of Goodly Parents” (January 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Joseph Smith’s mother taught obedience by example.
- “Courage to Live the Gospel” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Erich W. Kopischke of the Seventy teaches that if we obey the commandments, Heavenly Father will help us know what to do and say.
- “How can the gospel help me be happy?” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that obedience to the principles of the gospel makes us happy.
- “If I Choose to Obey I’ll be Happy all Day!” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Brandon learns that being obedient makes him happy. Includes instructions for creating a Beatitude Book.
- “Jumping Fences” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Daryl H. Garn of the Seventy shares the story of an unruly horse who could not learn to be obedient.
- “Keep the Commandments” (December 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that Abinadi was a powerful example of obeying the Lord.
- “Lessons from Dandy” (August 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President David O. McKay’s (1873–1970) disobedient horse taught him the blessings of obeying.
- “The Well Boxes” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Jens chooses to obey his mother when invited to play near dangerous docks.
- “Walk the High Road” (January 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) teaches us to build happy futures through prayer, faith, and keeping the commandments.
- “Andy’s Choice” (May 2008 Friend)
A young boy chooses to follow his family’s rules even when his parents aren’t around.
- “Ben Obeys” (October 2006 Friend)
Ben is protected when car hits him on his bike because he followed his family’s rule about helmets.
- “David’s Lesson” (May 2003 Friend)
A young boy learns that following the rules is for his own good.
- “Follow the Signs” (May 2006 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson gives us six rules to live by: choose good friends, seek parental guidance, study the gospel, obey the commandments, serve with love, and pray with purpose.
- “Lost in a Blizzard” (January 2004 Friend)
Danny learns the importance of obedience when he disobeys his father and gets lost in a blizzard.
- “Lost on the Trail” (May 2012 Friend)
Karl thinks he knows better than his parents and Scouting leaders, but he learns an important lesson in obedience when he gets lost at night.
- “Now Is the Time to Obey” (August 2008 Friend)
Elder David F. Evans of the Seventy teaches that we should obey when asked to do things.
- “Stay, Annie” (August 2008 Friend)
Jacob learns about the importance of obeying when the family dog won’t stay in their yard.
- “Choose the Right Way” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A maze about obedience and making good choices.
- Coloring Page: “Nephi was blessed for choosing the right.” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- “I Obey Jesus Christ Because I Love Him” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Includes several ideas for things children can do to help them learn about showing their love through obedience.
- “Repentance and the Atonement” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Create a booklet showing ways Jesus showed obedience to remind you to follow His example.
- “I Will Go and Do” (January 2004 Friend)
Match these Book of Mormon heroes with their stories.
- “I Will Make and Keep My Baptismal Covenant” (May 2009 Friend)
Find your way through this maze to learn about things that do and don’t lead to eternal life.
- “Obedience Brings Blessings” (May 2001 Friend)
Color pictures of children doing things to follow the prophet and write underneath how you can follow the prophet.
- Bright Idea Poster: “There is no need to sail uncharted seas. A loving Heavenly Father has provided an unfailing guide—even obedience.” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Praying in Gethsemane”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Noah Building Ark”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Sermon on the Mount”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Three Men in the Fiery Furnace”
- Music: “Choose the Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- Music: “Keep the Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 146)
- Music: “I Have Two Little Hands” (Children’s Songbook, 272)
- Music: “I Want to Live the Gospel” (Children’s Songbook, 148)
- Music: “I Will Follow God’s Plan” (Children’s Songbook, 164)
- Music: “Nephi’s Courage” (Children’s Songbook, 120)
- Music: “Quickly I’ll Obey” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
- Music: “Stand for the Right” (Children’s Songbook, 159)
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Continue in Patience”
- Music: “Do As I’m Doing” (Children’s Songbook, 276)
- Sheet Music: “I Will Always Obey” (March 1996 Friend)
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 6: Noah”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 38: Jonah”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 42: Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego”
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved