- “Born of Goodly Parents” (January 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Joseph Smith’s mother taught obedience by example.
- “Courage to Live the Gospel” (March 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Erich W. Kopischke of the Seventy teaches that if we obey the commandments, Heavenly Father will help us know what to do and say.
- “Friend to Friend: Jumping Fences” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Daryl H. Garn shares the story of an unruly horse who could not learn to be obedient.
- “Sharing Time: If I Choose to Obey I’ll be Happy all Day!” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Brandon learns that being obedient makes him happy.
- “The Well Boxes” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Jens chooses to obey his mother when invited to play near dangerous docks.
- “Andy’s Choice” (May 2008 Friend)
A young boy chooses to follow his family’s rules even when his parents aren’t around.
- “Ben Obeys” (October 2006 Friend)
Ben is protected in a car accident when he follows his family’s rule about helmets.
- “David’s Lesson” (May 2003 Friend)
A young boy learns that following the rules is for his own good.
- “Lost in a Blizzard” (January 2004 Friend)
Danny learns the importance of obedience when he disobeys his father and gets lost in a blizzard.
- “Scriptural Giants: Trusting in the Lord” (July 1986 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego.
- “Stay, Annie” (August 2008 Friend)
Jacob learns about the importance of obeying when the family dog won’t stay in their yard.
- “Sharing Time: On the Right Path” (February 2000 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a learning activity where children look up commandments in the scriptures.
- “Choose the Right Way” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A maze about obedience and making good choices.
- “Repentance and the Atonement” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a booklet showing ways Jesus showed obedience.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe in Being Obedient” (May 1995 Liahona and Friend)
As a young boy, President Howard W. Hunter (1907–1995) knew it was important to be obedient. Includes a coloring activity page.
- “I Will Go and Do” (January 2004 Friend)
Match these Book of Mormon heroes with their stories.
- “Sharing Time: Blessings Follow Obedience” (May 1982 Friend)
Includes instructions for making stick puppets and a stage out of an egg carton.
- “Sharing time: I Will Make and Keep My Baptismal Covenant” (May 2009 Friend)
A maze activity that teaches about the promises associated with baptism and confirmation.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Praying in Gethsemane”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Noah Building Ark”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Sermon on the Mount”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Three Men in the Fiery Furnace”
- Music: “Do As I’m Doing” (Children’s Songbook, 276)
- Music: “Keep the Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 146)
- Music: “I Have Two Little Hands” (Children’s Songbook, 272)
- Music: “I Want to Live the Gospel” (Children’s Songbook, 148)
- Music: “Quickly I’ll Obey” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Continue in Patience”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 19: Sermon on the Mount”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 51: Jesus Suffers in the Garden of Gethsemane”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 6: Noah”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 38: Jonah”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 42: Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego”
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved