- “Friend to Friend: Reverence” (September 1977 Liahona and September 1976 Friend)
Vaughn J. Featherstone encourages children to be reverent.
- “Primary Manners” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Nathan learns to have good manners at Primary.
- “Reverence” (March 2002 Liahona and September 1996 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry tells of visiting two area conferences and how some people were more reverent than others.
- “Be Still” (April 2010 Friend)
An illustrated poem about when it is acceptable to be loud and when we should be quiet.
- “Conference Reverent Tent” (October 2008 Friend)
A family imitates King Benjamin’s people during general conference.
- “How should I behave in sacrament meeting?” (May 2010 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks teaches about appropriate sacrament meeting behavior.
- “In the House of the Lord” (March 2009 Friend)
Chris is especially reverent during a temple open house.
- “Jana’s Good Example” (February 2011 Friend)
Trevor learns about reverence from a church visitor.
- “Jonah’s Reverent Shirt” (November 2011 Friend)
A boy’s new shirt reminds him to be reverent like his father.
- “Love” (February 2002 Friend)
President Monson describes a beloved Primary president who helped him learn the importance of reverence.
- “Remembering Jesus” (December 1992 Friend)
Josh learns how being reverent is a way to show love for the Savior.
- “Reverence in the Mountains” (June 1993 Friend)
Jeff learns that reverence is more than being quiet as he spends some time camping out with his Dad.
- “Showing Respect” (July 2012 Friend)
Mark the pictures that show children who are being respectful during church.
- “Special Words” (August 2012 Friend)
A young girl uses reverent words while praying, even though they are unusual.
- “Why is what I wear to church important?” (December 2009 Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson teaches the important of dressing reverently when we attend church.
- “The Wiggle-Waggles” (May 2005 Friend)
Jeremy learns to get over his wiggles and be reverent at church.
- “A Lesson in Reverence” (March 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Use pictures of children being reverent to guide you to the picture of Jesus. Includes the story of a Primary president teaching President Monson about reverence as a child.
- “I Can Be Reverent” (August 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Make a reverence rhyme into a booklet.
- “Remember Jesus Christ During the Sacrament” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Mount two circles on heavy paper. Turn the top circle to reveal things we can think about during the Sacrament.
- “Sharing Time: Reverence in Holy Places” (October 1992 Liahona and Friend)
Cut out church building and word strips. Draw a word strip each week and work on that item at Church or during the week.
- “Butterfly Wings” (May 2009 Friend)
An action rhyme describing what butterflies teach us about reverence.
- Coloring page: “I can show reverence for sacred places and things.” (November 2011 Friend)
- “I’m Always Reverent” (September 1993 Friend)
A simple action poem about reverence.
- “Reverence Crown” (September 1996 Friend)
Instructions for a printable crown that children can color and decorate.
- “Reverence Is Love and Respect for God” (November 2011)
Fill a jar with ideas for showing reverence. Comes with a story about Moses setting an example of reverence.
- “Reverent Hands” (July 1999 Friend)
Printable images to teach children about appropriate behavior.
- “Sharing Time: Choose the Right” (July 1999 Friend)
See Sharing Time Ideas #5 at the bottom of this page for ideas on teaching children about reverence.
- “Showing Respect” (July 2012 Friend)
Mark the box next to each picture that is an example of showing respect at church.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Moses and the Burning Bush”
- Music: “The Chapel Doors” (Children’s Songbook, 156)
- Music: “Father, I Will Reverent Be” (Children’s Songbook, 29)
- Music: “I Want to Be Reverent” (Children’s Songbook, 28)
- Music: “I Will Try to Be Reverent” (Children’s Songbook, 28)
- Music: “Our Chapel Is a Sacred Place” (Children’s Songbook, 30)
- Music: “Reverence Is Love” (Children’s Songbook, 31)
- Music: “Reverently, Quietly” (Children’s Songbook, 26)
- Music: “Two Happy Feet” (Children’s Songbook, 270)
- Music: “We Are Reverent” (Children’s Songbook, 27)
- Bright Idea poster: “Be still, and know that I am God.” (July 2012 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Reverence Is a Feeling” (September 1996 Friend)
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved