- “Maria’s New Dress” (February 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Maria learns the reason for sacrament meeting is to think about Jesus and Heavenly Father.
- “How should I behave in sacrament meeting?” (May 2010 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks shares some of his thoughts on the subject.
- “Jesus Administers the Sacrament” (October 2012 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Christ administering the sacrament among the Nephites.
- “A Lesson in Respect” (October 2012 Friend)
A story about a priest blessing the sacrament from the life of President Thomas S. Monson. Includes a fill-in-the-blank activity with one of the sacrament prayers.
- “The Most Important Part” (June 2007 Friend)
Michelle learns that taking the sacrament is the most important part of sacrament meeting.
- “The Nephites Learn of the Sacrament: How does Partaking of the Sacrament Help Me Remember My Baptismal Covenants?” (July 2000 Friend)
A retelling of Jesus initiating the sacrament among the Nephites. Includes pictures to color and use with a flannel board to retell the story.
- “Why is the sacrament important?” (July 2010 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry shares some of his thoughts on the subject.
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I follow His example and keep his commandments.” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My family is blessed when we remember Jesus Christ.” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- “I Will Remember Jesus Christ” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Create a booklet to write down things learned about Jesus Christ in the sacrament hymns.
- “Remembering Jesus Christ during the Sacrament” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A wheel depicting various scenes which can help children remember Christ as they partake of the sacrament.
- “Sacrament Time” (May 2007 Friend)
Read descriptions of people who make sacrament meeting reverent and point to them in picture.
- Coloring Page: “When I take the sacrament I renew my baptismal covenants.” (May 2012 Friend)
- “The Sacrament” (February 1995 Friend)
Cut out pictures that involve the sacrament, then glue them into the right box.
- “The Sacrament” (April 1993 Friend)
Fill in the blanks to find out how much you know about the sacrament.
- “The Sacrament” (April 1982 Friend)
Translate numbers into letters to learn about the promises of the sacrament.
- LDS Media Library: “Bread and Water”
- LDS Media Library: “A Young Child Taking the Sacrament”
- Music: “Before I Take the Sacrament” (Children’s Songbook, 73)
- Music: “He Sent His Son” (Children’s Songbook, 34)
- Music: “Reverently, Quietly” (Children’s Songbook, 26)
- Music: “The Sacrament” (Children’s Songbook, 72)
- Music: “To Think about Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, 71)
- Video: Bible Videos, “The Last Supper”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 45: Jesus Christ Teaches about the Sacrament and Prayer”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 49: The First Sacrament”
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved