- “How can I gain a testimony of the scriptures?” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “How Can the Scriptures Help Me?” (February 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- “Ready to Read” (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl who struggles with dyslexia is brave and reads her scriptures aloud in Primary.
- “Scriptures in a Suitcase” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
A girl has a missionary opportunity when she reads her Book of Mormon at a school camp.
- “Special Witness: How Can My Scripture Study Be More Meaningful?” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring gives five guidelines to help make the scriptures more meaningful.
- “Teaching Our Children from the Scriptures” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Former Primary general president Sister Cheryl C. Lant shares ideas for teaching children from the scriptures.
- “The Dinner Game” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A family starts a new tradition of guessing scripture quotes while eating Sunday dinner.
- “Thomas’s Testimony” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy turns to the scriptures to help him gain a testimony.
- “What can I learn from the scriptures?” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson talks about the blessings that scriptures bring.
- Scripture Rebus Stories Collection
- Scripture Retellings Collection
- Scripture Stories Links
- “Always Ready” (February 2012 Friend)
Jeffrey faces many choices throughout the day, but he reads his scriptures in the morning so he can receive extra help to make good media choices all day.
- “How can I learn more when I read the scriptures?” (April 2009 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar shares five principles for reading the scriptures.
- “My Special Books” (October 2012 Friend)
Elder Kent F. Richards of the Seventy shares how important his scriptures have been to him.
- “Scriptures and Firewood” (June 2010 Friend)
Elder Allan F. Packer of the Seventy teaches about reading the scriptures for understanding.
- “Small Things” (August 2007 Friend)
Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander of the Seventy shares how small things, like reading our scriptures and being polite, can convert us to the Lord.
- “Stories of Jesus: Printing the Words of Jesus Christ” (March 2013 Friend)
An explanation of how the Book of Mormon was written by ancient prophets.
- “The Book of Mormon: Our True Guide” (February 2012 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Includes a scripture activity.
- “When I Read the Scriptures” (August 2005 Friend)
A short poem about the role of the scriptures in our lives.
- “Why is it important to read the scriptures?” (February 2011 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares some thoughts on this subject.
- Coloring Page: “The scriptures teach me about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how to return to Them.” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Ways to Study the Scriptures” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
- Family Home Evening Idea: Scriptures and Righteousness
In “Truth Will Prevail” (September 2006 Liahona and Friend), President Hinckley asks us to write down a scripture and read it every morning. On small pieces of paper or sticky notes, have everyone write down 2 Timothy 1:7-8. Then write down a few more favorite scriptures. Have family members put these reminders where they will see them each day—by their bed, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, etc. At your next family home evening, discuss how these daily reminders helped each person follow Christ.
- “Scripture Heroes” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Match each scripture hero with the right object.
- “Scripture Journal” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Making a scripture journal can help you learn new scriptures and remember what they teach. Includes a template for a doorknob reminder.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe the Scriptures Are the Word of God” (August 1995 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of each of the four books of scriptures. Includes a printable scripture reading activity.
- “Sharing Time: On the Right Path” (February 2000 Liahona and January 2000 Friend)
Includes a “gospel road signs” activity.
- “Sharing Time: Read the Scriptures Daily” (June 1991 Liahona and March 1991 Friend)
Includes a coloring page to keep track of days of scripture reading.
- “Sharing Time: The Words of Christ” (March 1996 Liahona and Friend)
Includes instructions for making and coloring a scripture reference activity.
- “The Scriptures Teach of Heavenly Father’s Plan” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a visual activity about Heavenly Father’s plan for us.
- “Ways to Study the Scriptures” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Includes four pictures to color that show ideas for studying the scriptures.
- “Article of Faith 8” (August 2011 Friend)
An explanation of the four books of scripture. Includes a coloring game.
- “Bringing the Scriptures to Life” (February 2013 Friend)
Ideas for applying the scriptures to your own life.
- Coloring Page: “The scriptures are the word of God.” (January 2011 Friend)
- Family Home Evening Idea: Women in the Scriptures
Complete the activity “Women of the Gospel” (May 2006 Friend). Then divide into teams and use the Topical Guide, Bible Dictionary, and Index to find out one more fact about each woman listed. How is your own mother, grandmother, aunt, or teacher also an example of righteous traits? Remember to honor these women with gratitude and love.
- “Listen for His Voice” (January 2011 Friend)
Connect the dots to see a picture of a child reading the scriptures.
- “Magic Scripture Square” (August 2006 Friend)
Look up scriptures to create a magic square.
- “Sharing Time: Search the Scriptures” (February 1985 Friend)
Includes a story from the life of President Spencer W. Kimball and a printable scripture reading bookmark to color.
- “Studying the Scriptures” (January 2012 Friend)
Solve a code to find out what to do to learn more from the scriptures.
- “Who Am I?” (February 2012 Friend)
Identify the Book of Mormon character being described in these short biographies.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Christ”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Liahona”
- Image Collection: “Scripture Study”
- Image Collection: “Scriptures”
- Music: “The Books in the Book of Mormon” (Children’s Songbook, 119)
- Music: “The Books in the New Testament” (Children’s Songbook, 116)
- Music: “The Books in the Old Testament” (Children’s Songbook, 114)
- Music: “The Eighth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 127)
- Music: “The Golden Plates” (Children’s Songbook, 86)
- Music: “Search, Ponder, and Pray” (Children’s Songbook, 109)
- Music: “Seek the Lord Early” (Children’s Songbook, 108)
- Music: “As I Search the Holy Scriptures” (Hymns, 277)
- Scripture Figures Collection
- “Scripture Figures Older Man” (January 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any older men in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Older Woman” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any older women in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Younger Man” (March 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any younger men in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Younger Woman” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any younger women in the scriptures.
- Videos: Book of Mormon Stories
- Videos: Doctrine and Covenants Stories
- Videos: New Testament Stories
- Videos: Old Testament Stories
- Scripture Reading Charts
- Bright Idea: Elder Richard G. Scott—“Scriptures are like packets of light” (April 2013 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “As Through I Had Been There” (May 1998 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Hand and Hand Together” (May 2001 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Scripture Power” (October 1987 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Study the Scriptures” (July 1990 Friend)
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved