The Family History Department invites all interested stakes to host a local family history fair. The classes, training and workshops are provided to the stakes from RootsTech, an annual family history and technology conference held in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The Process is Simple
The Family History Department provides tools to help organize the local family history fair, including:
- Class content for sessions and workshops.
- Communication materials to market event to members and community.
- Web sign-up tool for participants to register.
- Step-by-step guide to organize and host a successful event.
The family history fair has a significant portion that offers classes and forums for the youth. You may consider using this portion as part of your family history fair, as a special stake youth conference, or a local EFY activity.
Help Accomplish Stake Objectives
A family history fair can help:
- Increase family name submissions for temple work.
- Strengthen families and fortify the youth.
- Increase retention and reactivation efforts.
- Click here to sign up.
- Choose a date to host the family history fair (sometime after February 6, 2014).
- Receive training materials and further instruction online.
- Download content presented live in Salt Lake City at RootsTech (February 6-8, 2014).
- Host a successful family history fair.