International Video Contest
Rules and Guidelines
The competition is open to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ages 13 and older. Those under the age of 18 as of January 31, 2011, will need a release signed by a parent or guardian. Those who are not members of the Church may participate as part of a group, but the entries must be submitted by a Church member.
Entrants (individuals or groups):
- Be from 2 to 8 minutes in length
- Include a title at the beginning, before the video starts
- Have been created since August 1, 2010
- Have not won any award or prize
- Be work created or compiled by the person or group entering the video
- Not contain credits, company names, logos, trademarks, or watermarks
- Not contain copyrighted media other than Church copyrighted materials, such as talks from general conference and Church provided photos, music, and video. Feel free to use photos or video that you have taken.
- Be in harmony with Church standards
- Only use music from these lists:
Note: Only music from the approved list of recordings may be used. These may be performed by yourself or others. If you include music you or others have performed, releases must be signed by each person who participated in any part of the music process.
- Have model releases submitted with your video entry, for every person in your video, and have location releases from location owners where any recognizable place is included. Videos without proper releases will not be considered as finalists.
Entry categories (You may enter in only one of the five categories):
- Must be members of the Church, 13 years of age or older as of January 31, 2011. A person not a member of the Church may participate in creating the video, but the video must be submitted by a Church member.
- Must sign a release granting the Church ownership of the video. The Church will grant a license for you to use the video.
- Must complete the entry form when submitting their video.
- Must enter under one individual´s name.
- Because the Church´s Audiovisual Department is sponsoring the contest, employees of the department are not allowed to participate.
- Church AVD employee spouses and children may enter.
- All other Church employees may enter.
- Church employees may not use Church equipment nor work time to create a video.
- May not be a corporation or company.
- May only enter once and in only one category.
- Professional (regularly create video or do paid video work.)
- Amateur - U.S. and Canada (never been paid for any type of video work.)
- Amateur - International
- 13- to 17-Year-Old - U.S. and Canada (requires a parent or guardian signature on a release.)
- 13- to 17-Year-Old - International (requires a parent or guardian signature on a release.)