Dear Young Men leaders:
As you prepare your training for quorum leaders and their advisers, we hope you will counsel together as a presidency and with your priesthood leaders regarding quorum leaders and advisers' needs and plan training that will meet those needs.
As a general presidency, we also invite you to consider the following goals:
1. Help young men build relationships with their parents, peers, and advisers to strengthen their resolve to remain on the priesthood pathway and develop a relationship with God and Christ.
- Henry B. Eyring, “The Priesthood Man,” April 2014 general conference
- Video: “Shepherds Who Made All the Difference,” Aaronic Priesthood Instructional Media—Videos for Leaders
2. Reinforce teaching principles for Come, Follow Me: Learning Resources for Youth that will support improved teaching and learning in the Church and in the home.
- Videos from “Introduction to Come, Follow Me” and “Videos for Leaders,” Come, Follow Me section of LDS.org
- Tad R. Callister, “Five Ways to Become a ‘Teacher Come from God,’” Church News, July 21, 2015
3. Lead Aaronic Priesthood quorums with power—understand the purpose of the quorums and effective use of agendas in conducting quorum and presidency meetings.
- Handbook 2: Administering the Church (2010), chapter 8, “Aaronic Priesthood”
- Video: “Ministering in the Aaronic Priesthood, ” Aaronic Priesthood Instructional Media—Videos for Leaders
- “Strengthening Young Men through Quorums” (PDF)
Our sincere thanks for your service and example to young men,
The Young Men General Presidency